How to fix slow internet speeds for Archer TX50 / AX3000 wifi 6, PCIe Adapter on Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to fix slow internet speeds for Archer TX50 / AX3000 wifi 6, PCIe Adapter on Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-18 22:37:42
Tags: #Wi-Fi 6E #Windows 11 #Windows 10
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've had some issues with the Archer TX50E being really really slow.

Reaching the whopping speeds of 20Mbps.

I'm making this post to help future people facing the same issue, here's what to do:

1. On your keyboard click windows + r to open run then in the box type ncpa.cpl, then click OK

Then you should see a window named Network Connections

Right-click on your wifi connection, likely named Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi 2, then click Properties

then a window named Wifi Properties should pop up

3. Click on Configure then Advanced

4. Configuring the connection. Here are the settings that worked for me:

• set 802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode to 5GHz 802.11a
  • set 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode to 802.11ac
  • set Channel Width for 5GHz to Auto

everything else should be left on default values

5. Click OK, this will disconnect you from the internet temporarily. Then you're done!

I hope this helped, please don't come after me if it doesn't, I don't work here.

Have a good day :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to fix slow internet speeds for Archer TX50 / AX3000 wifi 6, PCIe Adapter on Windows
2022-10-19 01:27:56 - last edited 2022-10-19 01:30:37

@Potoo 

Thank you very much for your contribution to making a detailed post and sharing the solution with the community. 

Glad to know the speed become normal after switch the Wireless Mode to 802.11ac

In case any user experience the similar concern, here are some troubleshooting tips for network adapter Case 1 Slow speed that may help. 

Thank yu again for the nice sharing!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1731

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles