EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

818 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-13 07:58:50

klipse wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I posted a while ago under the "App" section on your website, no one has replied to date, can you advise please?

Thanks

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/612160

@klipse I just replied to you in the mentioned thread. Please check.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-13 08:13:41

g3n0 wrote

I was finally able to test EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul on two Archer C80s. Both are HW v2.20, so I upgraded the FW to the latest.

First I connected all devices to the main C80, then defined the secondary C80 as a satellite router from the web GUI.

First, the satelite device was not found by the main router, so I connected it just to power near the main unit and this helped. I got one mesh device, but over wireless backhaul.

Turned the satelite unit off, connected it with a RJ45 to the WAN port and powered it on. After not so short time, the main router found the satelite in the EasyMesh settings, full connection which seemed over cable. So far so good, BUT whenever the satellite router is ON, the connection get very laggy and unstable, I get warning messages on most of the internet dependend software on my desktop, which is also connected over rj45 to the main router. Whenever I switch it off - internet connection works very smooth.

Any ideas what I might try to work around this slowness? @Kevin_Z @Thom_NL 

@g3n0  Please try resetting the satellite C80 to factory defaults, then connect one of its LAN ports to the LAN port of the main C80 (LAN - LAN), check again if they can build up the EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul automatically. You can check the connection status either on the web GUI or via Tether App.

After they build up the mesh network successfully, please check again if you can get the desired speed.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-07-13 09:21:16

@Kevin_Z,

I'm afraid that the firmware page's aint up to date for the BR version.

For the EU ( EN ) there is more available wink

Regards,

Thom 

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-07-13 10:22:27

@Thom_NL 

Which firmware do you refer to?

BTW, our development team has provided a pre-released version of firmware for Archer C80, and I have just published it below, you can check if you're interested:

Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

Do let me know if this version meets your requirements or if there is an issue with it. I'm always happy to assist.  

Please make sure you're tagging me or Sunshine if you want a direct response timely.

Options
2023-07-13 11:11:27

hi @Kevin_Z & @Sunshine 

I did refer to the BR firmware, looking at the support page it lacks a lot  ( versions of the FW )

Thanks for the Beta link, i wil give it a go wink

regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-13 11:41:00

hi @Kevin_Z,

The name of the firmware seems to have isseus ( c80v2-up-noboot_2023-07-05_18.52.09.bin )

I renamed it to c80v2-2023-07-05. bin and that worked.

The watermark in this Beta spoils the joy of it.

The sattelite C80 does'nt update after updating the main??

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-13 13:47:39 - last edited 2023-07-13 13:51:24

@Thom_NL @Kevin_Z 

Alright, update here! Finally the Ethernet backhaul worked enlightened

First I unplugged the cable from the satellite -> the EasyMesh connection persisted, but the warning messages about unstable connection disappear. Icon in the GUI did not changed. So it looks like it was using wireless backhaul the whole time. Seems like the issue with the unstable connection is a result from connecting the satellite router over cable to the main unit, when it is connected over wireless to it. It does not mater if the cable is connected to the LAN or the WAN port = same issue with unstable connection. I guess the main router goes into some kind of a loop when the EasyMesh wireless backhaul is enabled to a satellite while the cable is connected as well. It would have been nice to make a seemless switch.

Also, the main router seems to be remembering the MAC address of the satellite and type of the EasyMesh backhaul connection. I reseted the satellite router multiple times to factory defaults, switched between main and satellite mode - nothing helped. The sattelite always connects to the main unit over wifi :((

Lickily, I bought 3 pieces. So I unpacked my 3rd C80, updated the FW to 1.12.1 Build 221212, connected it LAN to LAN with the main unit and VOILA, it efffin worked!!!

Attaching a screenshot with the current status:

Options
2023-07-13 14:49:54

@Kevin_Z thanks you for the answer.

For now, I will continue with the Wi-Fi(easymesh) connection between the routers. Are there any plans to support Ethernet backhaul on AX53 and AX10?

Options
2023-07-13 21:29:56
would love to see this for the AX90 and RE815X as well
Options
2023-07-14 03:29:19

Thom_NL wrote

@Kevin_Z,

I'm afraid that the firmware page's aint up to date for the BR version.

For the EU ( EN ) there is more available wink

Regards,

Thom 

@Thom_NL I checked the firmware release on the BR website, and it seems the firmware is up-to-date. For example, Archer C80(BR)_V1_1.12.10 Build 230208 is the latest version for C80 V1 as of now.

Can you post a direct link if you find there is firmware missing on the BR website? Thank you very much.

Options