EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

741 Reply
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-07-14 03:36:15

Thom_NL wrote

hi @Kevin_Z,

The name of the firmware seems to have isseus ( c80v2-up-noboot_2023-07-05_18.52.09.bin )

I renamed it to c80v2-2023-07-05. bin and that worked.

The watermark in this Beta spoils the joy of it.

The sattelite C80 does'nt update after updating the main??

Regards,

Thom

@Thom_NL Do you mean the firmware is not upgradeable and needs to be renamed? We will test it and may update the link if that is not correct.

You need to upgrade the satellite router separately under the System Tools page, where you will see the Satellite router and get the Upgrade the Firmware button to upgrade the firmware manually.

Regarding the watermark, I may say sorry if it spoils the joy of getting the pre-released version. Since this version is not officially and publicly released, we can only public it here with those watermarks.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-07-14 03:41:20

g3n0 wrote

@Thom_NL @Kevin_Z 

Alright, update here! Finally the Ethernet backhaul worked enlightened

First I unplugged the cable from the satellite -> the EasyMesh connection persisted, but the warning messages about unstable connection disappear. Icon in the GUI did not changed. So it looks like it was using wireless backhaul the whole time. Seems like the issue with the unstable connection is a result from connecting the satellite router over cable to the main unit, when it is connected over wireless to it. It does not mater if the cable is connected to the LAN or the WAN port = same issue with unstable connection. I guess the main router goes into some kind of a loop when the EasyMesh wireless backhaul is enabled to a satellite while the cable is connected as well. It would have been nice to make a seemless switch.

Also, the main router seems to be remembering the MAC address of the satellite and type of the EasyMesh backhaul connection. I reseted the satellite router multiple times to factory defaults, switched between main and satellite mode - nothing helped. The sattelite always connects to the main unit over wifi :((

Lickily, I bought 3 pieces. So I unpacked my 3rd C80, updated the FW to 1.12.1 Build 221212, connected it LAN to LAN with the main unit and VOILA, it efffin worked!!!

Attaching a screenshot with the current status:

@g3n0 Good job. Congratulations! I myself also tested this EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, and I get two C80s connected to each other and build up EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul very quickly. Maybe I'm lucky.laugh

I just reset the satellite C80 to its factory default state, connect its LAN to the LAN port of the main C80, and the Ethernet Backhaul gets up immediately.

Please don't worry, we will continue to optimize the EasyMesh feature and functionality and make sure it's more user-friendly and easy to set up.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-14 03:44:54

Neikon wrote

@Kevin_Z thanks you for the answer.

For now, I will continue with the Wi-Fi(easymesh) connection between the routers. Are there any plans to support Ethernet backhaul on AX53 and AX10?

@Neikon I hope they will receive Ethernet Backhaul but sorry that I cannot guarantee there will be. Please don't worry, I will update the thread once there are new models supporting Ethernet Backhaul. It's suggested to subscribe this thread to get the most updated info.

Options
2023-07-14 03:48:42

Eightball11854 wrote

would love to see this for the AX90 and RE815X as well

@Eightball11854 I will update my original post once there are new models that get support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. It's suggested to subscribe to this topic to get the most recent updates. You may also keep checking for updates on your router or extender's web GUI to see if there is new firmware available.

Options
2023-07-14 11:20:44 - last edited 2023-07-14 11:23:34

hi @Kevin_Z,

When i did take a longer look at the file name it ends with .52.09.bin 

Imho the error lays in the .52. and should end with .bin Win10 sees the first dot as declaration of the file extension frown

.52 files mostly belong to Apple II operating system.

Maybe only a small correction on this matter?

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-14 11:28:51

hi @Kevin_Z,

See this page as referral, maybe you can see whats wrong ( or not angel )

regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-14 11:36:02

@Thom_NL 

Thom_NL wrote

hi @Kevin_Z,

See this page as referral, maybe you can see whats wrong ( or not angel )

regards,

Thom

I see the Archer C80(BR)_V2.2_1.12.10 Build 230208 and Archer C80(BR)_V1_1.12.10 Build 230208.

Options
2023-07-14 11:49:02 - last edited 2023-07-14 11:49:44

@g3n0,

Miracles do happen, possibly change was on his / her way  laugh

Thanks,

Thom

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-16 10:06:21

@Kevin_Z Can tp-link easymesh ethernet backhaul use link aggregation function for higher speed? Thanks

Options
2023-07-17 07:59:33

hi  @DUONG86,

Just out of interest, why link aggregation?

Only if your internet connection is higher than 1 Gbit, this could be interesting.

After all, the 2.4 Ghz is 600 mbit, the 5 Ghz is 1300 mbit.
The Ethernet ports 1 Gbit.

Would love to hear how and why. laugh

Regards,

Thom

Options
Related Articles