EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

814 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-28 13:10:55

@Kevin_Z 

New Firmware for the Archer BE900 but no ethernet backhaul yet. I would have expected a new model to have it right out of the gate. Hopefully it comes soon.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-28 18:02:37

@Kevin_Z Just bought another AX55 since I already had one and wanted to use EasyMesh. Kind of assumed Ethernet Backhaul would be basic Mesh functionallity. Could anyone give any indication for when (beta)firmware will be released? If this is multiple months in the future I will have to switch to AP mode.

Options
2023-08-29 02:14:13

@Kevin_Z 

I have an AX90 v1.2 as main router.

For the extension of my AX90, to build a mesh, I have purchased the RE605X v2, RE305 v4, AX55 v1.

I´m trying to put them to work but I´m not having an easy time.

I decided to google and found some people saying that TP-Link mislead its customers, that the mesh for these models only works with WiFi, not with ethernet backhaul (witch is my case, since I have cable from AX90 to all points where the RE605X, RE305 and AX55 will connect).

Does any of these work with ethernet backhaul to create a mesh system or they will work only with WiFi for mesh backhaul?

Options
2023-08-29 07:42:38 - last edited 2023-08-29 07:47:55

@Rodrigo_Ipa 

If your devices are not listed on the first page of this thread then they do not support ethernet backhaul at this time unfortunately, best to follow this thread and I know @Kevin_Z updateas it when new models get released with Ethernet backhaul. So it will only be wifi backhaul for your devices at this time if they support easymesh.

If you read the first page carefully on this topic https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/578810 TP Link say ethernet backhaul is planned, which means their plans could change and its not guarenteed.

Options
2023-08-29 07:57:51

Rodrigo_Ipa wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have an AX90 v1.2 as main router.

For the extension of my AX90, to build a mesh, I have purchased the RE605X v2, RE305 v4, AX55 v1.

I´m trying to put them to work but I´m not having an easy time.

I decided to google and found some people saying that TP-Link mislead its customers, that the mesh for these models only works with WiFi, not with ethernet backhaul (witch is my case, since I have cable from AX90 to all points where the RE605X, RE305 and AX55 will connect).

Does any of these work with ethernet backhaul to create a mesh system or they will work only with WiFi for mesh backhaul?

@Rodrigo_Ipa 

Thank you for asking.

@klipse is correct. When a new model supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, I will update my original post to inform you. It's suggested to subscribe to this topic to get the latest info. 

You may also pay attention to the device firmware updates on the device web page or the official website to get the latest firmware update. You will know if a new version supports Ethernet Backhaul by referring to the firmware release notes.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-29 09:14:26

@Sourav555000   @DUONG86 

Hello, I'm excited to inform you two that Archer AX73(US/JP) V2 has added support for EasyMesh now. Please check for updates on your router web GUI or via the Tether App.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-29 09:22:12

@Kevin_Z 

When will make EasyMesh available for Romania also on Archer AX73 v1?

Thank you.

Options
2023-08-29 10:03:23 - last edited 2023-08-29 10:05:51

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello, I'm excited to inform you two that Archer AX73(US/JP) V2 has added support for EasyMesh now. Please check for updates on your router web GUI or via the Tether App.

Quite interresting development, I just returned back to store both mine AX73 routers due to missing mesh capability over eth.. Anyway I´m located in EU, just wondering when the breakthrough update may arrive to the EU version of the AX73 ?

Thanks    

Options
2023-08-29 10:22:52

@Kevin_Z,

Not on the support pages for the AX90 crying

( US / EN )

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-29 17:39:23

If i am not wrong ax72 and ax55 share same chipset or cpu, so ax55 should get fast ethernet backhaul feature aswell...

I hope we get more devices with this support soon so we can mix and match cause now is uselles....

Options