EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

742 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-08 11:33:34

hi @ChrisBS,

Did you connect those sattelites with the WAN port?

I do use 3 C80 devices and did use the WAN port for the sattelites.

Good luck, 

Thom

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-08 14:45:32

@Thom_NL 

AX55 only support WLAN easymesh for now, so my 2x AX55 its connected only by WIFI. One of them is main and second is setalite. I will connect by LAN/WAN but first have to be Ethernet Backhaul avialibe for AX55. 

Options
2023-10-10 02:32:38

@Kevin_Z 
A few months ago you told us that the official message was that the plan it to all routers supporting EasyMesh to support Ethernet backhaul. I would like to ask three questions related to this: 1- Is the official plan still the same? 2- Would you purchase an AX12 in the hope of Ethernet backhaul being implemented or would you buy a C80? 3- Is there any news you can share with us about firmware updates that are close to being updated with ehternet backhaul support? 

if there's a beta version form the AX12 supporting it I would love to test it :).

Options
2023-10-10 03:22:16

I would also love to hear something about AX12. Bought one without realizing it doesn't have Ethernet backhaul support out of the box which really annoyed me.

Options
2023-10-11 05:08:55

@Thom_NL Yes I also have 3 C80s and use the WAN port

Options
2023-10-11 11:11:57

@Kevin_Z Good evening Kevin

hope you are doing well.

kevin I am a long term Tp link user, got about 15 routers till date. Have been a satisfied consumer till now but now I am in dilemma.

i dont want to whine but TP link hasn't been very clear regarding firmware updates nor about feature availability.

I am already using 1 C80 + 2 C6 via wired ethernet backhauled meshwork and I still need more to make my entire home a seamless wifi zone.

I wanted to get either AX10 or AX 23 which are available in my country, but sadly they do not have wired backhauling support. Non availability of wired backhaul is only reason I am not switching to Wifi 6 standard.

also being a creator of all the products, TP link could really make some changes and test possibility of incorporating Deco mesh into router easy mesh wired backhaul network. I would not hesitate to add 3 deco in my existing wired easymeshwork.

please keep us updated about which models are supposed to be updated in near future (ax models) so potential buyers like me can make a purchase in peace. 

hoping for a reply soon.

Options
2023-10-11 12:34:48

Hi @MarkRB,

Any odd issues at your side?  ;-)

Regards, 

Thom

Options
2023-10-11 12:56:04

@Thom_NL 

None so far except the deafening silence from TPLink about delivering on a rollout plan for ethernet backhaul!

Options
2023-10-13 04:53:33

Can tp-link easymesh ethernet backhaul use link aggregation function for higher speed? Thanks

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-10-13 14:03:38

@AIpatii 

Bought 2 extra AX%% for building a wirde backhall Easymesh system

according to TP-Link, that was possible.  now strungling to get the wirde part working ......

Options
Related Articles