EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-08 07:23:27

@Octavio_Sampaio 

I also have two AX53s. Now they go in satellite mode via WiFi, which is not the best solution. I would appreciate a cable connection.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-08 12:29:12

@Kevin_Z 

EX511 Support EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul?

Thanks

Options
2023-11-09 06:00:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I recently setup my easy mesh wifi with my Archer C80 as my main and the newly purchased AX72 as the satellite, with Ethernet backhaul. Everything works fine expect there's one issue. Soon after setup or a reboot of my AX72 I can access the router from the tether app but after around 5-10 minutes it gets greyed out and inaccessible. The mesh system keeps on working though and I when I visit the easy mesh section of my C80 in tether app or on PC, I can see this router. I've attached a picture for reference.

Options
2023-11-10 02:07:50

Taiada wrote

@Kevin_Z 

EX511 Support EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul?

Thanks

@Taiada Yes. EX511 supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-10 02:13:46

@Alpha_Ghost96 

With the current firmware, you will not be able to manage the satellite unit after building up an EasyMesh network successfully.

This will be optimized in the future firmware soon.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-10 13:06:03
Thanks
Options
2023-11-12 17:06:05

When are we going to get Ethernet Backhaul for the WiFi 6E or 7 routers?

I current have BE550 that is essential just an AP right now. I also noticed none of the AXExx routers are listed with Ethernet backhaul 

Options
2023-11-13 08:50:09 - last edited 2023-11-13 08:51:52

xAirrick wrote

When are we going to get Ethernet Backhaul for the WiFi 6E or 7 routers?

I current have BE550 that is essential just an AP right now. I also noticed none of the AXExx routers are listed with Ethernet backhaul 

@xAirrick 

Hi, thanks for joining in this topic.

As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List, Archer BE550 has supported EasyMesh already and I believe it will also support Ethernet Backhaul in the near future.

When building up an EasyMesh network, Archer BE550 needs to be working in Router mode but not AP mode.

We do see some users request the EasyMesh routers to be working in AP mode, which has been brought forward to the decision team and they will consider supporting it in the near future. Please stay tuned.

Options
2023-11-13 09:57:14

I have successfully set up my AX55 with 2 x C64 routers with wired backhaul.

I set up the 2nd AX55 the same way (having done the firmware update). When I plug in the Ethernet cable to the satellite AX55 it registers the connection with the status changing from the wifi symbol to the Ethernet symbol, but after about 10 seconds the entire network crashes & the Main AX55 does a complete reboot.

Is this an issue you're familiar with, or is there something that went wrong in my setup somewhere?
I've troubleshooted it multiple ways but still keep getting the same result.

Options
2023-11-13 09:58:26

@lukenz 

Options