EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

818 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-04-01 01:34:59

@yanck 

Hi, you may try RMitev's suggestion first, normally it is okay for Ethernet Backhaul to work via a switch, however, some switches might not forward the Ethernet Backhaul packets, For example, some users had similar issue with D-Link Switch: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/636954?replyId=1289092

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-04-01 01:49:17

@Lester228 @Yazza007 

Unfortunately, we don't have advanced notice about when BE805 and AX55 Pro will support Ethernet Backhaul for now, and there is no beta firmware yet.

If wireless backhaul is not possible for you, please use the satellite routers as AP mode first(Case One): How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-01 01:50:49

f2065 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Router AX53v1, used in access point mode.
On firmware 1.2.2 there weren’t a single problem for a month, everything was fine.
On firmware 1.2.4 - every few days the web interface falls off, and I have to reboot it (by turning off/on the power).

@f2065 

Hi, may I have a topology of your network? and is your AX53 AP mode using static IP address?

When the issue happens, all internet is still working fine on the AX53 AP client devices, right? Please share with us a screenshot when the issue happens.

Options
2024-04-02 07:48:17

@Sunshine 

I have a simple configuration. Access point. Static IPv4. DHCP is disabled. The TP-Link ID login is not used. The network is IPv4 only (IPv6 is not used). There are no guest or IoT networks. Smart Connect disabled.
If a problem occurs, Wi-Fi works fine, WiFi clients access the Internet normally.
But I can’t access the AX53v1 web interface (I go there periodically to see what clients are on the Wi-Fi network now).

I tried different browsers, cleared the cache and cookies, it still didn’t help. Only turning the power off/on helps.

Options
2024-04-02 22:34:39 - last edited 2024-04-02 22:38:18

@Kevin_Z 

- Does both of your routers require to support EasyMesh?

If yes:

- AX11000 will this one ever recieve EasyMesh with/without Ethernet Backhaul? (main router)

- Archer C5400 V2.0 will this one recieve EasyMesh with/without Ethernet Backhaul? (second router / potential satelite)

- What's the 'latest' devices that supports this? (in case if the C5400 never receives this so I can purchase one)

Options
2024-04-03 01:24:36

@f2065 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply, we will run more tests to see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.

You could try to downgrade to previous 1.2.2 firmware for now and wait for new official firmware, the 1.2.4 beta firmware added easymesh ethernet backhaul, but since your device is working on AP mode, I assume ethernet backhaul is not necessary.

Options
2024-04-03 01:28:55

@karakan08 

Hi, for EasyMesh compatibility, please check this list: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

Except for devices that has already supported EasyMesh, you will see some devices marked as planned, however, for now, Archer AX11000 and Archer C5400 V2 are both not listed, thus I am afraid they will not support it.

If you need the EasyMesh, you could consider purchasing routers that have already supported it based on that list, if Ethernet Backhaul is needed, you could select the supported models listed in the original post of this thread.

Options
2024-04-03 01:33:04

@Sunshine when will the ax53v1 EU firmware become official. Also is there an ETA on easymesh for the archer gx90 (AX6600)

Options
2024-04-04 11:50:17

@Kevin_Z 

Patiently waiting for Archer AX12! smiley

Options
2024-04-04 15:38:36

@Kevin_Z nice to know TP link is actively ignoring the Q1 commitment mentioned in this thread, months back 

Options