onvif events not working anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-27 16:04:22 - last edited 2023-06-29 12:10:02
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

I don't know exactly after which update but probably 1.3.6, but onvif events stopped working on chinobi NVR and using home assistant tapo control (https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control issue with 1.3.6 mentionned here https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control/issues/312#issuecomment-1536906198 )

So motion events are not triggering

on a c210 (up to date), motion events are still working

Options
7 Reply
Re:onvif events not working anymore
2023-06-28 10:02:09

@phitou 

Hi, I think you need to ensure the motion detection feature is working on the Tapo camera first. If so, you can disconnect the Tapo C200 from the NVR and then reconnect for a try.
I found another thread Motion Sensor missing in HA integration, and think it may help you.smiley

Options
2023-06-29 06:18:06

@Summer_S notifications on the tapo app also are completely broken, not only for C200 but also for C210.
Until I restart the camera, there is no notification on the tapo app , so it's even worse than what i thought.
After restarting the camera, it only works for a certain amount of time ...

Options
2023-06-29 11:31:34

@phitou 

Hi, you can go to the Tapo app-->camera settings-->detection&alerts page to check if your motion detection/AI detection and Activity Notification features are enabled and check if this link is helpful.
On the top right corner of the Tapo app, if the notifications of the camera are displayed in the Message icon, the notification feature of the Tapo camera should be ok.

Options
2023-06-29 11:49:32 - last edited 2023-06-29 12:28:00

@Summer_S of course it's enabled, as a restart of the camera make the notification (inside tapo app) work again, for a certain amount of time ...

Restarting does not fix onvif events however

Options
2023-06-30 12:46:15

@phitou  you can try to disconnect the camera from the NVR and then reconnect to check if the onvif events will work again. 
If your case is similar to this thread, you can also upgrade the tapo integration in the home assistant for a try.

Options
2023-07-07 07:28:20

@Summer_S removing and recreating the camera on the nvr didn't fixed it.
Notifications are also broken in the built in tapo android app.

When i enable the alarm on the camera itself, I hear it when i'm moving in front of the cameras, so the camera detect it, but it's not transfering to tapo app or the nvr (via onvif)

Options
2023-07-13 11:51:11

@phitou 

Hi,
We have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 7

Related Articles