Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

119 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models
2023-12-06 09:31:34

sorry but how does signal selection different from just disabling "mesh technology" on each devices that i dont move? my understanding is that if you disable the "mesh technology" on a specific device, that device will just connect to the same node. thanks.

Options
2023-12-06 10:25:22

@David-TP is this available for Deco M4 _V4 as i am not able to find, i need to connect  in below sequence

Main<=Satellite<=Satellite pls can you help

Options
2023-12-07 03:20:58

@Manish_Kohli 

Hi, yes, Deco M4_V4 with the latest 1.1.1 firmware supports connection preference.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m4/#Firmware

New features:
1. Support for customizing Satellite Deco signal source.
2. Support for customizing Clients connection preference.

@realivanjx 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

"Connection Preference" is more like a supplement to "Mesh Technology", especially when the mobile devices are in the middle of the two Access Points whose wireless signals are quite competitive( for example, satellite Deco might have a stronger wireless signal strength which means a more stable connection, while the speed from the main Deco is higher). Most of the time, we don't need to manually set up the connection preference. If you notice the mobile device keeps switching between two APs, the "Connection Preference" could kick in to provider further help.

Moreover, either "Mesh Technology" or "Connection Preference" is the suggestion proposed by Deco. The final decision will also need the cooperation of the mobile devices. If the device does not support roaming and sticks to its own choice, you might find sometimes, it will still switch to the unwanted access point.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-07 11:56:32

Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Deco XP75Pro Mesh router. Updating the firmware can resolve compatibility issues and improve the overall performance. Some browser extensions may interfere with the functionality of certain websites. Try disabling all browser extensions and see if the problem persists.

Options
2023-12-24 23:09:30

Right then, with TPL screwing over every current and furture buyer of a M4 (of which I have 5) what do we think we should all buy next?

Anyone know of a brand that actually lets you configure what aps connect to each other?

Options
2024-01-16 21:10:10 - last edited 2024-01-16 21:11:01

@realivanjx 

Well in my case I mostly don't care which Deco my clients connect to, but if the Deco's connect to eachother in the wrong order it causes issues. My garage Deco is connected to my basement Deco via ethernet, but sometimes when the wind is just right or whatever, it can detect my upstairs Deco and connects to that (with very weak signal = slow), and then the basement Deco uses the ethernet connection and everything becomes really slow. So that's what I want to lock down using a setting :)

Options
2024-01-17 02:27:27

@McFox 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

For Deco M4_v2, We currently have a beta firmware that allows customizing the signal source.

Please refer to the private message if you wanna try the beta firmware.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-17 07:02:36

@David-TP 

Hello David, I would like to try the beta firmware too. Does it allow to select signal source from single Decos? I have 4 x Dec0 M4 V2 too, please let me know ho to get the beta firmware. Thank You, Best Regards

Options
2024-01-17 07:12:31 - last edited 2024-01-17 07:20:50

@David-TP 

How nice that's there's a beta version for the M4 v2 available!
I would like to test this one out as it allows me to select the signal source and connection preference. Sometimes my WiiM streamer connects to the wrong Deco and I want to prevent his. Furthermore I would like to change the parameters of guest network if this is included.

Is it possible for me to test this beta firmware? If I run into any problems I will report it if you wish.

Options
2024-01-17 08:32:16

@Fabio25 

@PinguinM 

Hi, please refer to the firmware download link here:

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

We look forward to your feedback and best regards.

Options
Related Articles