TP-LINK Archer T3U Plus slow while Gaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 13:38:05
Tags: #Windows 11 #Support
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

Hi, so I bought the adapter today, I setup the adapter, like installing the drivers, etc.

I went into a game like "Apex Legends", or any game that must utilize Internet, it just says Connection lost and whatsoever, or if I get in a game, I would have constant lag spikes.

I have the latest drivers, I put the adapter in to USB 3.2 Gen 1, and tried 3.2 Gen 2. I have a Archer C80 Router, and on 5Ghz Wifi. But the speedtest.net results are fine, or like anything non gaming related has no issues, everything loads up fast. 

So, at this point I am not sure what to do here.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer T3U Plus slow while Gaming
2023-07-13 11:34:38

@lmaoleonix 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Online Gaming, especially multiplayer games has a high demand on network latency and an Ethernet connection would be a better choice than Wi-Fi.

Did your computer have its own built-in wireless adapter? or have you ever considered a higher standard, like a Wifi 6 network adapter?

At the same time, you could refer to the following suggestions to see whether it could improve the network lag a little bit:

1. put the antenna of T3U plus directly towards Archer C80 and put them in a proper distance, 3-5 meters would be great.

2. change the 5Ghz wireless channel of C80 to channel 48 and channel width 80mhz.

3. manually install the following driver for T3U plus

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:TP-LINK Archer T3U Plus slow while Gaming
2023-07-13 12:33:14

@David-TP 

Hi, so I tried all but 2.

Cause my ISP when installed the new router put a password on the router which I don't know. So I can't really change that setting.

Options