[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

142 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-01 03:50:11

@elchapo 

Sure. I can confirm that Sunshine has helped escalate the case to our support engineers. We will try to look into this issue further.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-01 03:56:56

@Thom_NL 

No worries. As confirmed with the developers already, they will optimize the firmware to allow management of the satellite router.

Are you saying you can no longer manage the main C80 via the Tether app when the phone is using 4G mobile data? What if you connect to another wireless network, can you manage the main C80 via the Tether app?

I do see klipse reported this issue and I have escalated his to the support engineers, I hope the engineers will find a clue and provide a fix. Please kindly wait and we will update you once this is confirmed.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-01 07:13:11

@Kevin_Z Thank you! blush

Options
2023-08-01 15:12:18

hi there  @Kevin_Z,

I didn't test it over another Wi-Fi network but i did give it a shot.

Annoying to report that the Tether App is also misbehaving over another WiFi network.
Seems to be mysterious ( Cloud ? ) thing.

For now my three C80's are running the pre-release and the mesh, with Ethernet back up active, runs smoother then ever laughyes

Even the coverage seems to be as it should ( or even slightly improved ).

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-01 17:20:13

@Thom_NL 

If it is a suspected "Cloud" issue, have you tested if unbinding and then re-binding the router makes any difference?

A router can be unbound by tapping the (i) next to the router's name in the My Devices list and then another screen with an "Unbind" button appears. The (i) can be a bit difficult to hit sometimes. If Tether tries to log into the router instead of showing the Unbind screen, then the (i) was not hit.

Options
2023-08-01 17:51:30

@woozle 

I think @Thom_NL is having the same problems as me. I have a ticket logged and have sent information to the TP Link engineers today, hoping they can find what the issue is.

I'm aware of 3 people on this forum now who are having the same/similar issues and who cannot access their routers via Tether app if they are not on their home wi-fi. 2 are C80 users (Beta firmware) and 1 is a C6 user (official released firmware). There may be more but how many people would actually come on here and report it? wink

I will update on here once I get more news from the TP Link engineers.

Kevin

Options
2023-08-04 02:27:19

@klipse 

Thank you very much for summing up this Tether management issue that you came across with the beta firmware. Have you tried to unbind it from the cloud account and rebind it as suggested by woozle? I cannot make sure that will work but agree that it is worth a try while waiting for a solution from the engineers.

Options
2023-08-04 05:46:40

Kevin_Z wrote

Good news! 

We are happy to announce that there is new official firmware for Archer C80, which adds DoH, IoT Network, and a number of new features. We would like to share and provide early access to this specific version of firmware with the community. Don't hesitate to upgrade and install this pre-released firmware to try it out.

Direct Download link: 

Archer C80_V1_1.13.1 Build 20230629 (pre-released version)

Archer C80_V2.20_1.13.1 Build 20230705 (pre-released version)

Notes:

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. You can still upgrade to the official firmware if there is any.

3. Some new features would not be available when the router works in Access Point mode.

4. This public beta firmware for Archer C80 can be applied to all versions (EU/US/JP/TW/etc.).

Releases Notes

Modifications and Improvements:

1. Added support for DoH.

You can go to Advanced > Network > Internet page to enable DoH. See the screenshot below.

There are 3 built-in DoH Servers: dns.quad9.net, dns.google, and cloudflare-dns.com, you can choose one at a time.

2. Added IoT network and IoT security.

• IoT Network: Advanced > Wireless > IoT Network.

• IoT Security: Advanced > Security > IoT Security.

3. Added support for Alexa
4. Added support for HTTPS access.

5. Optimized the guest network, and supports Access Time Control and Bandwidth Control. (Refer to FAQ 3299)
6. Optimized the EasyMesh, and supports upgrading multiple devices at the same time.
7. Optimized the UI.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed several bugs related to IPTV.
2. Fixed several UI bugs.
3. Fixed the bug that the pin doesn't work under certain scenarios.
4. Fixed a compatibility bug with certain intel network cards.

This latest version also includes some other enhancements and bug fixes. Take your time to explore all the great features or enhancements. Comment below if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.

Related Articles:

Official Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C6 V4 Is Publicly Available Now!

@Kevin_Z

Any clue when we are going to have this feature in Archer A7 v5?

Options
2023-08-04 07:21:43

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I've tried that multiple times.

I've been communicating with Noah the engineer, all info has been sent to them, because they can't replicate this problem on their side they are waiting for a Beta Tether that will capture the crash logs so they can find the cause. Guessing this might take a while?

Anyway, I will post updates when i have them. I'm still very happy with the performance of the C80's and the ethernet backhaul is a life saver laugh

Kevin

Options
2023-08-04 08:53:17

@klipse 

Hi Kevin,

That's right. It may take some time for the developers to make a new beta App.

Meanwhile, I want to mention that the provided firmware here in this thread is a pre-released version, so there might be bugs or glitches that were not figured out when releasing. But I believe the developer would fix it when the official version is rolling out if this issue is confirmed.

Thank you once again for your patience and feedback.

Options