[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-15 06:17:18

@klipse 

I see. Since you've installed the pre-release version, which is the same build number as the official one, and you may fail to detect the official release.

You can download the latest version from the global website from here, and install it manually.

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-16 06:22:37 - last edited 2023-08-16 08:18:47

@Kevin_Z 

I've installed the new official firmware on both my C80's now and I still have the same issue, so I look forward to hearing back from Noah the engineer. BTW I got the impression that my issue was not urgent for them as Noah could not get in contact with the R & D person/team after many attempts?

Here's hoping you have not released an official firmware to thousands of C80 routers that will have the same issue as me! wink

Options
2023-08-16 11:48:58 - last edited 2023-08-16 11:52:01

@klipse 

The 1.13.1 firmware is essentially the same for ten router models (counting different hardware versions) that are based on the TP1900 chipset, so it's easily tens of thausands of router's. 
So far I have counted four people in this forum that are affected by the problem you've described.

I have tested for this issue myself on my two routers, tried every combination of binding/unbinding the device to my TP-Link ID via the webGUI or the Tether app, but things always worked fine when accessing the routers via the Cloud from another Internet connection.

I know you guys have already tried everything from resetting the routers to reinstalling the Tether app, but has anyone tested yet how it would behave with a brand new TP-Link account that never had any TP-Link devices bound to it? Like, unbind the router from the current TP-Link ID, create a new dummy email account somewhere and then use this new email address for a new TPLink ID and bind the router to it.

Options
2023-08-16 12:08:01

@woozle 

Hi

Appreciate your input and interest in this issue.

Yes in fact I have tried that, so I registered another of my email addresses (difference domain) for a TP Link ID account and bound my router to that account, however got the same results.

One question I have for you seen you can't replicate this issue on your setup, what mobile phone do you use? iPhone or Android?

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-08-16 18:39:40 - last edited 2023-08-16 18:40:20

@klipse 

I myself have only Android phones (Realme and Oppo). The iPhone owners I know aren't really close enough to me to think about borrowing one for a test.

Options
2023-08-16 18:48:48

@woozle 

ok cheers, we only have iphones in this house, no android. I wonder if the issue is maybe related to iphone only, think @Kevin_Z said he had tried on an android phone and it was ok for them, not sure if they managed to test it on iphone....

Options
2023-08-17 01:18:16

@klipse 

Correct. I was testing on an Android phone, but Noah tested on both Android and iPhone.

I believe Noah and the development team have moved on and he would provide you with a beta App or firmware soon.

Options
2023-08-17 10:09:42 - last edited 2023-08-17 10:11:03

@Kevin_Z I too have this exact same issue with thr new 1.13.1 firmware for my c80v1. I started a thread with the issues a few days again and received a reply from sunshine and then nothing till now. I can't access the router outside my home network and the clients list are not working well. It only shows the list upon a restart and then just gets stuck that way all the time. In the web gui it doesn't show any clients in the client list and also the reserved clients list is empty. My question is , since this issue was prevalent in the beta, why did this version release as a stable final version? This is really unheard of. And before you ask, I'm very familiar with networking and such and have tried all troubleshooting methods but to no avail. This included factory restore 2 times. 

Options
2023-08-17 10:14:16

@klipse I have the exact same issue since installing the 1.13.1 on my c80v1. No solution as yet. It’s really frustrating. When they knew it was already a problem with the beta, why release it as a stable version? Seriously?

Options
2023-08-17 10:55:38

@aceedburn 

Apologies for all trouble and issue caused by this new update. We did report the Tether App remote access issue that reported klipse when testing the beta firmware, however, the engineers were unable to replicate the issue at that moment, so they assume it might only occur in some special network or usage environment, and they do work with klipse before this official release but seems they failed to locate the issue.

I found you have opened another thread reporting the issue and Sunshine has replied to help verify and escalate it. I hope the engineers will provide a quick solution for you soon.

Options