[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-21 11:16:58

@klipse 

laughI haven't got a chance yet to get an iPhone 10 but I will confirm when I find one.

Let's see if others come across similar issues.

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-21 11:20:05

@Kevin_Z 

Ok cheers, so I've tried iPhone 12 and iPhone 10 with same results, just to confirm.

Options
2023-07-22 21:44:47

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi @woozle, thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Sorry that I didn't respond here timely.

What if you disable the WPS by pressing the WPS button on the satellite C80 before connecting it to the main? Will the WPS keep off?

BTW, did the WPS work as expected on the satellite router before this upgrade? We will check this soon and will let you know if there is an issue.

@Kevin_Z 

I never investigated this issue on older firmware versions, but I seem to recall that the Wi-Fi Analyzer software previously also showed the EasyMesh Satellite as supporting WPS, even though I always disabled it on the Main EasyMesh router.

I think the WPS feature can only be disabled from within the web management page, which gets reset to "enabled" by the mandatory factory reset (aka "Change Mode").

Options
2023-07-24 01:57:58

@woozle 

You could be correct. Since the satellite C80 needs to be reset to factory defaults before adding it to the main C80 via EasyMesh, the WPS will be automatically on after connecting to the main node successfully. I will record and report this concern to the engineering and developing team, they will evaluate and check if this can be optimized in future firmware updates.

Thank you Woozle for your feedback and contribution to the community.

Options
2023-07-24 04:42:34

@Kevin_Z  Good News. Excited 😊

Options
2023-07-25 21:15:23

@Kevin_Z 

any updates on this issue? I still cant access my router from outside of my house on 4g/5g. This has always worked fine prior to the Pre released software being installed. Assuming your engineers are checking where the issue lies? Thanks. 

Options
2023-07-26 02:05:26

@klipse 

Sorry. They are unable to reproduce the issue you're reporting. If you're willing to investigate this further, I'll be happy to escalate your case to the support engineers for further analysis.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

Options
2023-07-26 08:56:06

@Kevin_Z 

Really? I'm surprised... as mentioned above all mine was working fine until I installed the Beta firmware. When will this update be officially released?

Please get someone to contact me as I've tried everything I can on this side to get this to work.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-26 17:23:34

klipse wrote

... I've tried everything I can on this side to get this to work.

@klipse 

Hi,

Just out of curiosity. Have you already gone through a "Factory Default Restore" on the updated C80?

Options
2023-07-26 17:41:06

@woozle 

Hi

Actually that's probably the only thing I haven't done, will try it in the morning as I can't turned the wi-fi off now due to others (kids!) using it. Will report back once I've tried that.

Thanks

Options