Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and DoT Network

Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and DoT Network

97 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH/DoT
2024-06-05 02:18:27

Archer_AX3000 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hey, Kevin.

I bought the Archer AX55(EU) Ver:1.0 router, and it turned out that DoH and DoT are not supported in my region. Could you tell me if this functionality is planned to be implemented in my region? I purchased this device specifically because of the DoH and DoT support.

@Archer_AX3000 

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a specific timeline for when the Archer AX55 (EU) V1.0 will receive a firmware update to support DNS over HTTPS (DoH) and DNS over TLS (DoT).

If this feature is a requirement, we suggest you consider purchasing a device that already supports it.sad

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-05 09:29:08

@Kevin_Z 

Is there any information on whether this functionality is planned to be implemented at all?

What is the likelihood that Archer AX55 will not receive these features at all?

Options
2024-08-16 08:08:49

Archer_AX3000 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Is there any information on whether this functionality is planned to be implemented at all?

What is the likelihood that Archer AX55 will not receive these features at all?

@Archer_AX3000 Good news.

The Archer AX55 V1 is now receiving a new firmware update that introduces support for DoH/DoT. You can check for this firmware update on your router's web interface or through the Tether App.

If you don't want to wait for the official firmware release, you can alternatively download and install this pre-release version from the thread below. This pre-release includes the changes from the 1.3.2 firmware version as well:

Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Good luck.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-16 08:38:22

@Kevin_Z how about AX1500?

Options
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and DoT Network
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi sir, is Archer AX90 aka AX6600 supports or to support DNS over HTTPS?

Thanks in advance.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

When will GE800(BE19000) get support?

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Kevin_Z

Launching new models and giving ONLY to them DoH/DoT in the firmware is like a plain slap in the face of early customers adopters of BE550 and BE800. I just had a very constructive talk with TP-Link PR Manager for EMEA at IBC 2024 in Amsterdam on the DoH/DoT subject (tp-link was our booth neighbor during the show) and from his words i just had big hopes to see DoH/DoT in the most popular models BE550 and BE800. Seeing that only be550 pro and be700 getting the feature via firmware upgrade is just making me thinking that TP-Link does not care about certain customers ... especially early adopters .. those that giving you the access to the anonymous statistics to be retrieve them and perfect and correct your products. As an owner of BE900 BE800 and a BE550 not having DoH/DoT i feel abandoned and meaningless , tricked and left out with thoughts such as drop tp-link brand and advise everyone in shows and exhibitions to stay away from this brand. However i will still have some hope that the tp-link development team will have a change of heart offer us to early adopters of tp-link wifi7 technology some DoH/DoT feature in the upcoming firmware ... after all is just couple of extra code lines in the firmware. Thank you for reading and considering

Options
Related Articles