Client drops off the wireless daily under normal work and during Teams meetings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Client drops off the wireless daily under normal work and during Teams meetings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 07:51:15 - last edited 2023-09-21 07:52:42
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20230601 rel. 58453

Hi

I'm having this issue since the installation of my new XE75 3-pack system and it seem to be related to the satellite mesh ap in my office. My laptop is connected through WIFI 6 and running a VPN client for access to the company network.

During a normal workday from home, i'm experiencing several dropouts on the WIFI network connectivity. I have started 2 continuing ping sessions one to the local gw. 192.168.68.1 and one to 8.8.8.8 and when the WIFI drops out - i see packet loss on both local gw 192.168.68.1 and also 8.8.8.8.

Observing that i loose connecting to my local gw in WIFI network, lead me to suspect the WIFI back haul network, if it's running 6 Ghz and not negotiating for better signal to the main mesh?

My office mesh ap is about 20 feet away from the main mesh ap and there are 2 drywalls between.  

Can someone suggest some things for me to tryout, that i have not thought of yet? 

Other than that it's a great Mesh WIFI kit, let's me use the full bandwidth of my fiber line 250/250 Mbit. 

3- pack XE75 Mesh setup:

WIFI: 

Primary WIFI. only 5Ghz clients. Fast roaming enabled, Beam forming enabled - 6Ghz dedicated for back haul

Secondary WIFI: IOT only 2,4 Ghz clients

Br

Options
3 Reply
Re:Client drops off the wireless daily under normal work and during Teams meetings.
2023-09-22 09:27:56

@Dane64 

Hi, is there any wired laptop connected to the satellite office Deco XE75 so that we can check whether the Ethernet connection from satellite Deco is stable or not?

• If the Ethernet connection from the satellite office XE75 is quite stable, the Mesh Backhaul connection between the satellite and the main XE75 should be fine.

I see you have separated 2.4 GHz from 5 GHz, have you checked whether the drop-out mainly occurred to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

If possible, it is suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology", and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped improve the stability.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Client drops off the wireless daily under normal work and during Teams meetings.
2023-09-23 07:47:21

@David-TP I'm not sure that turning off beamforming is worthwhile, I've never had problems with it.

Fast roaming OTOH was a problem on these units and probably should be set back to it's default of disabled.

The drop outs I have seen don't depend on the band, 5 or 6 GHz, or the signal strength since I saw them when connected directly to the main router at short distance on both frequencies.

Not only that this isn't the only report of this problem besides my earlier one.

Seems this is worthy of reporting to engineering so they can raise a fault with the wireless chip manufacturer (IIUC that would be Qualcomm, is that correct?).

Options
2023-09-29 13:14:54 - last edited 2023-09-29 15:52:49

@David-TP 

Hi David 

I have tried several of the recommended actions. But there no change in the client behaviour, client still losses connection for a short moment and my teams session breakdown for 2-6 sec. Frequently.

My private pc does the same but as I'm not using Teams here it goes unnoticed, i have a ping running and have opened the deco system log and downloaded it and checked the timestamp and log entry's when this happen to my client. And in the log it says that my client have been  disassociatet and then the client reassociate within a few seconds to deco ap again?

my laptop is only about 2 meters away from the deco ap en signal on the laptop is very strong.

Options