C420 not working

C420 not working
C420 not working
2023-10-06 04:25:45
Tags: ##c420 #broken
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.14

I bought the package of 2 cameras with the hub, all was working like a charm, until I enroll to the beta testers program, then I received the new Tapo app and all started breaking.

The first issue is that the new app is not as good as the stable one, I mean, it's nicer but suddenly some events were not recorded or took much more seconds of delay to be triggered, so multiple records did catch what it supposed to catch.

And then my front camera stop working, I was not able to see the live stream, the led apparently was working since when I put myself in front of the camera I was able to notice the led that apparently the camera detected me, but nothing of alarms or  records and of course live streaming, it was frustrating I was relying some of my security to this device. The battery was more than 50% and keeps drying so apparently the camera was working. One day I unmounted, recharged the battery and tested while having the camera in my hands, but nothing worked. I tried to reset, some times after the 5 seconds of pressing the reset/sync button it keeps more than 10 minutes blinking in red fast. After the reset I tried to sync but was not able, literally I put the camera next to the hub just to see if that helped but sadly nothing. Erased the camera from my devices, reset hub and camera, again tried to sync and nothing only the error in Tapo app mentioning that was unable to sync, by the way the hub becomes green solid whereas camera keeps blinking green forever. 

Need your support I did all the possible resets and syncs.

Options
13 Reply
Re:C420 not working
2023-10-08 09:33:27

@Alex_Camacho 

Hi, 
On the problematic Tapo C420, please power it on, press the SYNC/RESET button for 5 seconds to reset it, and wait for a while.
1) If the LED on the camera remains blinking green and does not respond to the reset, you can contact local support or retailer to get a replacement.

2) If the LED on the camera blinks red and green, please try to move the hub and the camera to a different location, and then check if you can set up the camera successfully. This is to avoid other interference in the original location leads to the camera failure to be configured. And if the problem remains, I'll escalate the case to our tech team.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-12 08:00:45 - last edited 2024-01-12 08:01:56

I too have an issue similar to this, and purchased a separate C420 camera, and nothing, it was not connecting to the Hub, so now I have 3, C420 cameras, 1 successfully connected (having a the latest version) and 2 (the old one is not on the latest version for the firmware), and the purchased one (not sure what firmware version it had. So I am guessing that the latest firmware version of the hub is not recognizing the cameras with old versions. I created a post for that in the hub section of the forums: 650394. now I am looking for a way to buy a standalone H200 hub to check if the other 2 cameras connect to it. Hope we get answers to our queries.

Options
2024-01-16 11:34:55

@ZeroCentury 

Hi,
Usually, the firmware of the Tapo C420 won't cause it to fail to connect to the hub Tapo H200. You can try the following steps and check if they will help.
1. Reboot the hub, move one Tapo C420 which is not configured close to the hub, and power it on. (Turn off the other Tapo C420 which is not configured)
2. Reset the Tapo C420, and wait for the LED to turn flash green and red.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
3. Try to reconfigure the C420 and check if it will work.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. The screenshot of the error message appears when configuring the camera.
2. The LED status on the H200 and C420 when configuring the camera.
3. Please send me the MAC address of the C420 and your TP-Link ID via a private message.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-17 08:40:37

Hi @Solla-topee, good day and thank you for your response. I sent you a  private message as suggested with the details you are requesting. Thanks.

Options
2024-01-18 06:37:05

@ZeroCentury 

Hi,
Thank you for the information provided, I found that the Tapo C420 you sent the info to us is configured successfully now, if it is, you can enjoy the camera, and please let me know if you need any further help.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-18 08:32:43 - last edited 2024-01-18 08:33:16

Hi @Solla-topee, actually the camera is still not configured and connected to the hub, the screenshot I provided shows the default message when trying to connect the camera to the hub, even if the camera says that the device is added successfully the hub still tries to look for it until the error message is displayed. The video shows it all as well. I tried resetting the camera, then the hub, then both, and as you suggested tried connecting only the camera in question with the suggested troubleshooting guide, but to no avail, the process of connecting the camera to the hub does not complete. Kindly advice. thanks.

Options
2024-01-19 07:01:27

@ZeroCentury 

Hi,
Please help collect the device log for further analysis.
1. On your Tapo app>tap your Tapo hub>go to its Device Settings>Diagnostics page to turn this feature on.
2. Ensure your phone and the hub are connected to the same router, try to reconfigure the problematic Tapo C420 via the Tapo app.
3. After reproducing the issue, go to Me>Help & Feedback>Hubs>Feedback>select your hub, tap Next>type forum ID 627310, check Add System Log, and click on SEND FEEDBACK to send us the log file.
Please let me know once you have sent the log to us.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-28 13:40:39 - last edited 2024-01-28 13:46:09

Hi @Solla-topee, this is done. Thanks.

Options
2024-01-30 01:39:06

@ZeroCentury 

Hi,
Our tech team has received the log file, and they will follow up on this case via email(ticket ID is TKID240155674).
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 08:11:12

@Solla-topee , noted and thank you for your assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1478

Replies: 13

Tags

#c420 #broken
Related Articles