[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

297 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-23 10:31:45

@Sunshine 

I following the discussion here on the forum and I wonder whether the satellite devices should be assigned fixed IPs or DHCP (with assigned IPs?) should be used for better performance?

What is the reason for asking this question?

Maybe it would be good to receive detailed instructions how to set up the Ethernet connection.

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-23 10:34:11

seiren wrote

@Sunshine I noticed that with a cold reboot of the router, all of my DHCP address reservations are disabled. I always need to manually enable every reserved address one by one. Is this normal behavior? This has been an issue since the last stable firmware and I'm using the latest beta right now..

@seiren 

Hi, do you mean the issue still exists now with the current beta firmware?

The issue only happens after you reboot the router via hardware on/off button or unplugging the power adapter, right? software reboot will have no issue?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 10:55:55

serengeti wrote

@Sunshine I have been long awaiting the update for ethernet backhaul and installed the firmware update an my two AX55. Now all my routers are running beta firmwares ;-)

My setup is as following:

AX73 (192.168.1.1) = AX55 (192.168.1.115) = AX55 (192.168.1.126)   (connected in series)

+

RE330 (wireless)

All are set-up for easymesh without AP.

Unfortunately the system remains highly unstable. For a short while the system seems to work, then the satellite routers become unavailable. While some connected devices might still get Network access, the routers cannot be accessed and some not. I noticed that especially the 2.4GHZ network has trouble.

Rebooting the routers only has a short time effect, and it is unclear from which device the issue originates.

Happy to share log files, if it leads to more stable system in the future.

Could you guide what changes should be made to fix the setup so it can run stable atm?

@serengeti 

Hi, when the issue happens, do you see any routers Internet LED turnning red?

Since you are not sure which router the issue originates, when the issue happens, it is recommanded to use a wired computer to connect the main router to test internet, if it still works, then test the second router and then the third router one by one, even test the extender as well.

However, if wired connections are all still working fine when WiFi stops working, the issue might be caused by wireless interference, you could try testing the WiFi of the main AX73 router first(move your client device next to the main router, disable WiFi and re-enable it on your client device to ensure it is connected to the main router), if the issue happens with the main router WiFi as well, you could try changing wireless channel and channel width on the main router page to see if it would be more stable.

Please note that 2.4G WiFi is usually crowded especially in city since there might be lots of 2.4G wireless signals nearby.

In addition, may I know if the issue started after you updated the beta firmware on the two AX55 satellite routers? 

Regarding your another question about Ethernet Backhaul setup, you could refer to this thread: How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

And normally it should be both okay to use static IP or DHCP, and Atsukio uses static IP address without such issue.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 10:59:36

emilionut96 wrote

@Sunshine

Hello,

Sorry for asking this here as it is not related to the product (AX55).

AX53 will get update to support these features?

@emilionut96 

Hi, sorry for that we don't have related information about whether AX53 will support all these features, I beleive those features will come to more models after the beta firwmare test and adding to AX55 official firmware.

It is recommanded to pay attention to any new firmware update for AX53 on its web GUI or TP-Link official website.

Options
2023-11-23 11:18:55

@ChrisBS Hi, By "restart alone" or "self reboot', do you mean the main router reboots on its own after it gets overheating for some time? which is not related to the reboot schedule.

Your two AX55 are still connected via Ethernet cable for EasyMesh, right? how many client devices are usually connected?

By the way, the system log you attached was saved after the "self reboot", or when it is overheating before he "self reboot"?

ChrisBS wrote

@Sunshine 

Hi i notice other problem.

I had setup schedule restart/reboot every week. 

Today after automatic restart/reboot, main router go crazy.

1hour or something after restart/reboot network become unstable. 

Internet start keep disconnecting and connecting devices and easymesh.

I cannot log in into web interface to check out bec system popup some error message.

Router become heat very much (when i touch it become more hot then usually) and after sometime restart alone. 

After that "self reboot" all start works fine as before and i catch only part of system logs.

I added it in the attachment.

Options
2023-11-23 11:42:54

@Sunshine 

yeah both still connected by easymesh (ethernet cable). And yes logs is after "self reboot"

let me expplain again what happen:

- Router restart normaly (reboot schedule every week)

- 1 Hour after schedule reboot network go crazy, all devices keep diconnected and connected ( by all devices i mean all connected by ethernet cables/wifi)  

- i try log in to webinterface to check out problem but shows some error and cant log in.

- after few minutes router overheat and reboot itself - alone.

- after self reboot all stars works fine as before. 

Options
2023-11-23 11:59:46

@ChrisBS 

Hi, I appreciate the detailed information you provided. I will promptly pass it on to our engineers for testing and analysis. If we require any additional information or debugging in your network, I will be sure to reach out to you.

Thank you for your cooperation and for being so helpful to other users as well.

Options
2023-11-23 12:03:52

@uKER 

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you already updated to the 1.2.6 beta firmware again? If so, does the issue disappear now with the 1.2.6 beta firmware?

When using the 1.2.5 official firmware, the DHCP server issue only happens with the specific PC or happens with all your client devices?

And will you get valid IP address after restarting the router?

If the issue only happens with the specific PC, please let us know the brand and model no. of the PC, and it is connected via wired cable, right?

Options
2023-11-23 13:24:27

@Sunshine 

Sure :) you can write any time and i will provide what i can. 

btw. i dont know that is important but i connect to internet by PPPoE conection :)

Options
2023-11-23 20:16:06

@Sunshine 

Hello! Is it possible to add ipv6 6in4 tunnel support in the next firmware version?

Options