[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-06 02:29:35

@serengeti 

Hi, This is noted, I have recorded your suggestion and will forward to the development team.

serengeti wrote

@Sunshine 

Both are valid options:

1) reboot through the mesh interface of main rooter (currently available for firmware update on AX55)

2) GUI management system on IP address of satellite router (currently only available on routers in normal mode, not  as mesh satellite where there is only option to see network and do firmware update and som log function)

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-06 02:35:42

@uKER 

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will forward your suggestion to our development team for all TP-Link WiFi Routers.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-06 21:34:19 - last edited 2023-12-07 00:38:39

@Sunshine 

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get ethernet backhaul between two ax55 routers. It configures wireless mesh no troubles at all but won't for the life of me make an ethernet connection. Both have the latest and of course same beta firmware. I've reset both routers, the satellite router a number of times. I have 4 different cables I've been attempting this with and a number of ports. I've even tried to go in prior to the setup of the satellite router to disable wireless in the satellite router but changing it to satellite mode afterwards resets that. Today I have them next to each other conected via ethernet cable directly but I keep getting just the wifi backhaul as far as I can determine.

Do you have any more suggestions?

It's not imperative that I get the ethernet backhaul, I've been trying only out of curiosity to see if it improves my throughput which with my setup is awesome already using WiFi backhaul.

Thanks

Update, I've figured a definitive way to see if ethernet backhaul is working. I disabled WiFi completely and I still get connectivity. Guess I've been beating my head against a wall huh. 

I've put the router back where I originally placed it, now connected with a switch between the main ax55 and the satellite. Still working and showing 1Gb connection speed although still shows up as wireless although wireless is still turned off on both the router as well as the laptop so definitely using Ethernet.

moved the ethernet cable over to the WAN port. It now shows the client list which was empty when using the LAN port. Now it shows some connection speed for the 2.4Ghz spectrum though. And somewhat reduced speed for the 5Ghz.

Options
2023-12-06 22:45:30 - last edited 2023-12-06 22:47:02

@shakeyhome 

If they both have the firmware you also do not even need to enter the "satellite router" after reset, this might be what is messing with you. It should show up as a potential satellite on the main router as long as you havent set it (the satellite router) up. This is what made the Ethernet Backhaul Icon show for me with 2x AX55 routers.

Senior Frontend Developer
Options
2023-12-06 23:10:44 - last edited 2023-12-06 23:21:03

@Orbal 

Thanks, No I had tried both ways. I did notice that as you mention. There wasn;t any need to set it to satellite mode but I wasn't positive exactly why. Still no network icon here. The connectivity dropped after a while of having the ethernet cable plugged into the WAN port so I switched it back to a LAN port and back up running here. It did work for a while though before it dropped.

Interesting though the connection speed reported is back up to the full speed I had before with wireless enabled so perhaps I have always been on ethernet backhaul?

Link Speed: 114 Mbps (2.4GHz) 1201 Mbps (5GHz)

Options
2023-12-07 01:45:02

ChrisBS wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello! :)

I notice new problem.

While sending a big file to Storage Sharing - Satellite Router

Devices connected to Satellite Router by ethernet cable start be unstable and interent droping to 0 speed.

But wifi seems working fine. 

@ChrisBS 

Hi, we are still unable to reproduce this issue, may I know your current network topology and the steps for you to reproduce the issue?

Options
2023-12-07 02:52:50 - last edited 2023-12-07 03:34:07

@shakeyhome 

Hi, please share with us screenshots of firmware versions on both of your routers, as the latest official firmware for US version is 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135, the rel numbers are different from this the beta firmware provided in this thread.

Options
2023-12-07 04:07:07

@Sunshine 

My bad, sorry about that. They both had the November 30th date. I'll update the firmware and get right back

Options
2023-12-07 05:30:20 - last edited 2023-12-07 05:31:25

@Sunshine 

I've updated firmware on both routers, reconnected and meshed them. Still no difference. Still shows them connected wirelessly when I have the wireless network disabled altogether. I've also rebooted both, no change

Options
2023-12-07 06:22:38 - last edited 2023-12-07 06:40:23

Update, I finally seen the wired icon after about the third attempt with the beta firmware. That was when I had it directly connected from the satellite to the main router. Disconnected and brought back, plugged it back in and once again shows as wireless. This may be a strange question however I just gotta ask. If wireless is disabled, both wireless lights are off. Is there any chance they are still connecting wirelessly?

Yes there is and they are. Must be hardware related, not firmware related.

Last update, Now that I was able to determine the trouble I switched out a D-link switch for a Netgear one I had and all solved. Should solve the intermittent connection drops as well. yes

Options