[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-23 10:00:02

@RobyA 

RobyA wrote

@ChrisBS 

You are right: I made a mistake.

But the problem remains: with the beta firmware the VPN client configuration do not work (at least with OpenVPN)

Hi, may I have a screenshot of your OpenVPN Client settings and also the error message?

Except for internet access, is there anyn other configurations such as easymesh etc.? Or please share with us the configuration file along with the login password via private message, we will try running the same tests on our end to see if it can be reproduced.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-23 10:56:41

felichs wrote

@Sunshine 
I would like to report an issue that I'm having using the AX55 with the 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059(4555)

I'm using the AX55 as a router and connected a RE6000XD using the EasyMesh feature. 
The extender is connected using the Ethernet-Backhaul. 

As soon as the RE6000XD is configured and forms a Mesh with the AX55, the WiFi on my Iphone SE 2020 (iOS 17.2.1) keeps disconnecting in a ~ 20s interval.

Before I configured the Mesh, it was connecting fine with the AX55.

The moment I unplug the extender, it works again. 

I also tried with the RE335 instead of the RE6000XD as the extender, however with the same result. 

My PC does not seem to have any Problems. 

I would thus assume that it is an issue with either the AX55 or with the iPhone, or a combination of both.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated? 

Update:

Today I observed another problem, which I don't know if it is related to the above mentioned.
First the extender did not get any internet and my PC that previously worked with the AX55 would now only connect to the extender, even if the AX55 is way closer.

A restart of the extender fixed the internet connectivity problem of the extender.
However now the AX55 does not show any client connections or mesh devices in the network tab and in the Advanced -> EasyMesh tab, EasyMesh is shown as OFF, even though the extender seems to connect fine.

@felichs 

Hi, upon checking, RE600XD and RE335 don't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, they could only establish the mesh network via wireless backhaul, thus when you build the mesh network and also connect it to the main router via Ethernet cable, there will be a network loop which will cause issues, thus please disconnect the Ethernet cable between the extender and the router, then test if everything works fine via wireless backhaul.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-23 16:59:11

@Sunshine 

Now I reinstall the old firmware version that works.

I will install again the beta version and give you a screenshot but the error was simply "Operation failed" without other information. The same open vpn files are correctly loaded the the current official firmware.

I can send the openvpn files (.ovpn and .crt) to test it; the error was present saving the record (it's not necessary to insert user and password). How can I send to you via private message?

Thanks.

Options
2024-01-24 06:36:44

RobyA wrote

@Sunshine 

Now I reinstall the old firmware version that works.

I will install again the beta version and give you a screenshot but the error was simply "Operation failed" without other information. The same open vpn files are correctly loaded the the current official firmware.

I can send the openvpn files (.ovpn and .crt) to test it; the error was present saving the record (it's not necessary to insert user and password). How can I send to you via private message?

Thanks.

@RobyA 

Hi, please save a backup file on Advanced->System Tools->Backup&Restore, you could upload the file to google drive etc. and send me the download link via private message.

Options
2024-01-24 07:50:57

@Sunshine 

Ok. I will install again the beta firmware and send you the backup.

Options
2024-01-24 17:49:13

@Sunshine 

I am still experiencing serious issues when having more than two routers in the system

• Ethernet backhaul star configuration    

AX73

/         \

AX55        AX55

creates network instabilities

• Ethernet backhaul daisy chain

AX73 - AX55 - AX55 

creates network instabilities

• two device config
    AX73 -- AX55 

prevents some device of connecting to AX55 via 2.4 Ghz

I hope we can get a fix for this very soon. thank you,

Options
2024-01-24 20:56:05 - last edited 2024-01-24 20:57:02

@serengeti 

My problem is the same but in my case AX73 is main router and only 1 router is AP (AX55) .

Please we need new firmware this beta its a crab and the network goes down very shourtly after reboot both routers.

Something wrong with this beta I dont know why the support delays that issue and doesnt reply.

Options
2024-01-25 06:28:15

@sunshine

Could you clarify whether the issues we are experiencing are due to failures in the AX73 or the AX55?

Would it make sense to change AX55 to master and have the others as satellite?

Options
2024-01-27 00:23:01 - last edited 2024-01-27 00:23:58

Im really pi$$ed with TPLink routers.Completly regreting for throwing money and the routers cant do the simple job that they are made forangry.

The support is absolutly rubbbish.Why the **** you selling routers whose not working and putting things that are incorrect and misleading on the label ???

I could get ASUS with mesh and would forgot I have routers.. ba*t*rds

serengeti wrote

@sunshine

Could you clarify whether the issues we are experiencing are due to failures in the AX73 or the AX55?

Would it make sense to change AX55 to master and have the others as satellite?

Options
2024-01-27 06:24:26

serengeti wrote

I am observing similar issues as @felichs 

My main router is a ax73 and a ax55 is connected as satellite with Ethernet backhaul. The latest beta is running on both routers.

Multiple devices (I do not have an iPhone) do only connect intermittently to the WiFi when in range of the ax55. They keep resetting the connection every ~20s . When close to the main router ax73 they work again normally. 

I can't identify a common pattern on the devices that don't work, other than they have only 2.4Ghz . On of them is the Shelly uni. Another the lightmanager air. 

@serengeti 

Hi, does this issue happen with smartphones and laptops? And is there the same issue if you disable EasyMesh and use the AX55 as regular AP mode or use the same configuration on previous firmware of the AX55?

Options