[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-27 06:27:12

-N8 wrote

@Sunshine 

I'm running 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059 on my Archer AX55 v1.0 in an EasyMesh configuration with a Archer AX10 (1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716) satellite and Ethernet Backhaul enabled.

This has been working without issues for a few weeks, but this morning the Archer AX55 locked up and stopped responding. The web interface was inaccessible. After power cycling it, everything is working again but I'm not seeing anything about the failure in the logs. 

@-N8 

Hi, does the issue still happen now? we've run the tests and the issue cannot be reproduced on our end, thus if the issue still happens frequently, we would like to escalate your case to senior engineer, they might need to debug the issue while the issue happens, please confirm.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-27 06:35:20 - last edited 2024-01-27 06:41:27

@pmt2 

Hi, may I know if the issue still happens every several hours now? By the way, there is no need to use AX55 in AP mode since it is used as satellite router, the default mode supports Ethernet Backhaul as well.

If the issue still happens, I would like to escalate your case to our senior engineer for debugging when the issue happens, please pay attention to your email box for follow-up, and senior engineer should be able to follow up on Monday.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-27 06:49:46

Retro_0223 wrote

@Sunshine I'm not sure if this issue is only me. 

Cloudflare's DOH API is mainly https://cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query. I looked at the beta settings and Cloudflare's is https://1.1.1.1/dns-query.
I attempted to use the first one, but I won't connect for some reason. I tried using it directly by applying it to my browser and in Windows 11 (not simultaneously mind you)
and it worked. The DoH API seems to be working, as it's detected when pressing the "Detect DNS Server" button.  What could be the reason for this?

@Retro_0223 

Hi, upon testing, this feature supports both domain name and also IP address. 

We tested the domain name https://cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query you mentioned, it cannot be detected on our end at all, maybe it is server issue. 

Besides, we checked cloudfare official website and only see the https://1.1.1.1/dns-query, may I know where you saw the https://cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query? Please provide us with a link if possible. 

Options
2024-01-27 06:56:28

@Arder 

Hi, may I know your current network topology?

If the issue still happens when three AX55 are in the EasyMesh network, please let us know how often it usually happens now and share with us a system log file of the main router when the issue happens(before rebooting, or previous logs will be cleared.)

Options
2024-01-27 07:01:37

ChrisBS wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello again. i find out some bug: 

I cant setup WIFI settings. But i don't have any Wireless Schedule settings active LOL

And i have to click skip anyway to be able change something :D

@ChrisBS 

Hi, may I know if this issue still happens now on AX55 V1 latest beta firmware? If so, please share with us your current network topology and backup a config file on your main Router AX55 V1.

Options
2024-01-27 07:26:07

RTouris wrote

@Sunshine Any update on the issue where enabling DOH / DOT while at the same time connecting through WireGuard/OpenVPN nullifies DNS requests on clients? Due to limited time available I had to come back to this after quite a long time, but was able to test this again yesterday once again yielding the same exact results using a slew of alternate devices, ranging from mobile phones, laptops etc. The issue arises regardless of the settings used i.e. Default / Ultra Secure mode and default / custom DNS servers. All clients in the same subnet to the router are NOT affected, it's only the ones connected through the VPN created by either WireGuard or OpenVPN. In a nutshell if only Wireguard and/or OpenVPN are enabled everything goes to plan. The minute either DOH or DOT are enabled no DNS traffic passes through the VPN tunnel meaning that there's something there that goes amiss.

To everyone else experiencing connectivity outages every half a minute or so, this reminds me of a wacky DHCP situation; could you possibly either reserve IPs for said devices and retry or have these devices set in static IPs mode so as to at least rule out the DHCP situation.

@RTouris 

Hi, you mean WireGuard VPN/OpenVPN Client feature on the AX55? or VPN Server on AX55? 

If it is VPN Client feature enabled on AX55, may I know the VPN provider you are using? like NordVPN etc., and only the client devices that are added into the VPN Client device list are affected, right?

Options
2024-01-27 07:36:27

Sunshine wrote

-N8 wrote

@Sunshine 

I'm running 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059 on my Archer AX55 v1.0 in an EasyMesh configuration with a Archer AX10 (1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716) satellite and Ethernet Backhaul enabled.

This has been working without issues for a few weeks, but this morning the Archer AX55 locked up and stopped responding. The web interface was inaccessible. After power cycling it, everything is working again but I'm not seeing anything about the failure in the logs. 

@-N8 

Hi, does the issue still happen now? we've run the tests and the issue cannot be reproduced on our end, thus if the issue still happens frequently, we would like to escalate your case to senior engineer, they might need to debug the issue while the issue happens, please confirm.

@Sunshine 

It only happened the one time and it hasn't happened since. Worst kind of issue to debug I know. My network has been stable since I power cycled the AX55. Any advice if it happens again? Otherwise I'll let you know if it reoccurs. 

Options
2024-01-27 11:00:21

@Sunshine 

I have not been observing this on such devices. Likely because they can switch to 5GHz and also between different Wifi networks. The device I have most issues with is the Shelly Uni and a device that is displayed as "Microchip technology". These types of devices can only be configured with a single Wifi setting (name/pwd).

I have set one of my AX55 into AP mode with a different Wifi name and channel. The devices a no problems with this network. This concludes that the issue is with AX55 configured as satellite in a mesh with ethernet backhaul.

Further test I did is with a  RE330 in the mesh network but no ethernet backhaul. There is no issue.

Finally, I conclude that TPLink Wifi6 Mesh is highly fragmented across models and currently broken.

Options
2024-01-28 06:18:10 - last edited 2024-01-28 06:19:44

Sunshine wrote

ChrisBS wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello again. i find out some bug: 

I cant setup WIFI settings. But i don't have any Wireless Schedule settings active LOL

And i have to click skip anyway to be able change something :D

@ChrisBS 

Hi, may I know if this issue still happens now on AX55 V1 latest beta firmware? If so, please share with us your current network topology and backup a config file on your main Router AX55 V1.

Hey @Sunshine

I always use the latest firmware. I think it was just a visual glitch in the web interface as I back up my settings before updating to new firmware. And the new firmware just shows that something is wrong. The issue was resolved when I clicked and unchecked the wireless schedule settings while the Wi-Fi settings were active again. But I create a new backup file and it works fine with the same firmware. We will see in next firmware update if that bug come to life again :)

@Sunshine you asking about my topology network.

My connection type is PPPoE and the network looks like this: 

@Sunshine

But unfortunately I still get a random problem where the main AX55 randomly restarts itself

Before the network was unstable, i login to the router's web interface to check what happen, i saw samba/ftp going crazy in the logs and Easymesh Backhaul connection failure) and few moments later I can't access the router's web interface any more (it shows an error) and few moments later restart itself.

This happens with old and recent firmware. But after restarting everything works fine and smoothly and after  log in again to web interface again don't show any error logs as if nothing happened.

Also the issue still persists after a scheduled/manual restart of the main router.
There is a 50% chance of losing the Ethernet Backhaul with the AX55 satellite, also the AX55 satellite stop response from the main router web interface and I have to manually restart the satellite router to get the connection back as we don't have the restart option in the satellite router web interface.

I write more about it: HERE

Edit:

There is a problem with speed of Storage Sharing

AX 55 as Main

AX 55 as Satellite

Speed of USB 3.0 its kinda slow on both routers.. I connect my USB DISK and speed is max 20/40MB's while sending by Ethernet 1GBit from PC but in theory should be around 100MB's. If i connect USB disk direct to PC USB 3.0 speed go up to 200/300MB's easy.

i check and that problem is on every beta/offcial firmware.

Options
2024-01-28 12:59:32

@Sunshine 

It's been awhile since I last did any testing.  The router in question is now in AP mode and Issues 2 and 3 do not seem to be problems now.  The only thing that has changed is that I removed a TL-SG105E between the main router and the AP.  I don't remember if the issues occurred while testing in wireless router mode or AP mode.  In any case, I prefer to not do any more testing while everything is up and running OK.

Options