[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

297 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-13 17:52:43

@Sunshine 

On the clients list issue. I would like to provide some additional information.

This morning (after 3 days) the iMac was still showing up as connected. I then established a new connection with a PC laptop. The clients list then updated itself showing the PC laptop as connected and the iMac was no longer shown in the list. The PC laptop was then disconnected. After some 8 hours, now the PC laptop is still shown as connected.

Conclusion... The clients list updates properly when a new device connects to the router but does not update when the connection drops. For the dropped connection to no longer appear, another device connection is necessary. The router surely has some type of "refresh interval" to poll connected clients and maintain the clients list and that is what is failing or not happening.

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-13 19:45:22 - last edited 2023-11-13 19:46:09

I found this small inconsistency.

In the USB Storage settings, this column is called "Modify", in line with the other table in that page, but what the link button there does is eject the USB drive, which makes it unaccessible, requiring clicking that Refresh link above it.

The column header should be changed from Modify to Eject.

Also, I got there looking for a way to change the name of the SMB share, which is forcibly called "G". Would be great to be able to change that.

Options
2023-11-14 05:00:29 - last edited 2023-11-14 06:57:11

@Sunshine 

Great news, i saw AX73(US) having the easymesh update, so i've updated and will keep you posted. In the meantime i've managed to setup an EasyMesh network with the AX73(US) as the main router, and for some reason the AX55 shows up as connection via WiFi instead of Ethernet, but while pinging 8.8.8.8 on windows command prompt and unplugging the ethernet does "Request timed out", and if i plug it back in it goes back to pinging. Not sure if the icon is a bug or not, but so far everything works great! laugh

Edit:

So after a lot of further testing, my internet started acting weird, my Tenda access point couldn't connect, the AX55 satellite kept having a crazy amount of packet loss, pings were a minimum of 500~2000ms, and the AX73 CPU usage went from 10% to a consistent 40~70% throughout the entire time since enabling EasyMesh.

Upon playing around further, somehow the only solution was to disable EasyMesh on the AX73, which made the AX55's interface no longer accessible, then restarting the AX55 manually, and re-enabling the AX73's EasyMesh. That also changed the AX55 to now show as connected by Ethernet and though the AX73 cpu usage is also a lot more stable at 10~12%.

Options
2023-11-15 10:12:30 - last edited 2023-11-25 18:03:55

@Sunshine 

I just switched the operation mode of the test router to Access Point.  Only the test router is running the beta firmware.  EasyMesh is not configured on the AP.  An iMac is connected through a LAN port and the WAN port is connected to a LAN port of my main router (also an AX55 with the latest firmware release). The test router is assigned a static IP and the DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4..

Problem... The AP's Network Map Internet icon is displaying a red exclamation point indicating there is no internet connection.  The AP's front panel Internet LED is orange.  The iMac connects perfecty to the internet so the internet connection is good. Testing with a ping In the AP's Advanced, System, Diagnostics menu, to known good sites, such as Google, displays the following message:

"There is no response from DNS.
    please check the domain name or DNS.
ping is stopped. "

Update...  Reconfiguring the AP for a dynamic IP solved the problem with the internet icon, the front panel LED, and the diagnostics. Therefore the problem only occurs when assigning a static IP.

Another thing... With the static IP, the AP does not show up on the main router's client list.  The iMac is shown OK.

Updated 25-11-23:  When using a static IP, the DNS problem mentioned above is also causing a problem with setting the time. The "Get from internet" option times out and does not work.

Options
2023-11-15 14:09:36 - last edited 2023-11-15 14:12:01

Is it normal that with this firmware the router's LEDs are all constanty lit up?

Options
2023-11-16 03:07:44

@Sunshine

So i've been running EasyMesh for about 2 days now, other than the previously mentioned issue with the AX73 EasyMesh update, i've come across a few more issues. First of all, internet has been running fine and the Mesh has overall not had any problems. Secondly, i bought another AX73 to add as a satelite router with the AX55 still as a satellite router, and the main router still being an AX73, all using ethernet backhaul and noticed that the AX55 web interface is having the whole "Operation failed" again, and the AX73's satellite router's web interface is no longer accessible and just shows a text message of "Rejected request under RE mode." when accessing it.

Options
2023-11-16 09:59:54

@jra11500 

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Regarding the client list not updating properly issue, I've reported to our engineers for testing.

Regarding the AP mode static IP address issue, may I know the IP address, subnet mask of your main router and the static IP address of the AP?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-16 10:00:33 - last edited 2023-11-16 10:03:09

uKER wrote

I found this small inconsistency.

In the USB Storage settings, this column is called "Modify", in line with the other table in that page, but what the link button there does is eject the USB drive, which makes it unaccessible, requiring clicking that Refresh link above it.

The column header should be changed from Modify to Eject.

Also, I got there looking for a way to change the name of the SMB share, which is forcibly called "G". Would be great to be able to change that.

@uKER 

Thank you very much for the feedback, I've forwarded it to our engineers, once there is any update, I will let you know.

Regarding the LED status, it depends on your LED control settings, if you enable LED status and no night mode enabled, the LEDs will always lit up. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-16 16:47:13

@Sunshine 

Main router (AX55)

WAN IP:  81.40.208.x  (Public IP assigned by Movistar Spain via PPPoE)

DNS Primary:  8.8.8.8

DNS Secondary:  8.8.4.4

LAN IP:  192.168.20.1

Subnet Mask:  255 255 255.0

AP (AX55)

LAN IP:  192.168.20.2 (static IP)

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0

DNS Primary:  8.8.8.8

DNS Secondary:  8.8.4.4

Options
2023-11-16 23:57:55 - last edited 2023-11-16 23:58:09

Sunshine wrote

Regarding the LED status, it depends on your LED control settings, if you enable LED status and no night mode enabled, the LEDs will always lit up. 

@Sunshine I do have it set up as you describe, but maybe I didn't make myself understood.

All six of the router's lights are constantly lit up. I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work, or is it?

Options