[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

295 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-22 04:40:57

ChrisBS wrote

@uKER 

Did you try just push reset button or back to default factory settings? and after it load again firmware what you want? :)

@ChrisBS as I mentioned, I did factory reset the router, but I did it after flashing.

Are you implying that I should do the factory reset before updating the firmware?

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-22 06:09:15

@uKER 

Yeah you should. WE testing "life organism" for greater good remmber :D 

I have two AX55 and i had similar problem when i update beta to beta firmware, main was fine (only after week crash)  but sattelite crash right away and go crazy :D And had to do hard reset (push back button help) Probably beta firmware can make errors with auto backup copy. So always before update do hard reset :) and after setup all settings manually again or try upload from manual backup. 

Options
2023-11-23 09:53:34

Atsukio wrote

Sunshine wrote

@Atsukio 

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback.
So you have one main router(AX73), two satellite(AX55 and another AX73) and a Tenda AP in the network, may I know if the two satellites and the Tenda AP are using dynamic IP assigned by the main router or using static IP address?
It is normal that AX73 satellite web interface cannot be accessed, as this feature is added only on the AX55 beta firmware now, however, you mentioned that the satellite AX55 web interface is having Operation Failed issue again, may I know if it appears when you try to change some settings, or it always appears on every page without any modification?
At the same time, I will report this issue to our engineers for testing and analysis.

@Sunshine They're using static IP addresses. Also regarding the Operation Failed, nothing was modified prior (nothing changed since the last firmware update on November the 8th) when accessing it, it just happened randomly yesterday.

@Atsukio 

Hi, may I know if the Operation Failed issue on satellite AX55 still happens randomly? we've run several tests but cannot reproduce the issue, thus if the issue still exists and it is easy to reproduce it in your case, we would like to forward you case to our support engineer via email.

By the way, all the two satellites(AX55 and another AX73) and your Tenda AP are connected directly to LAN ports of your main AX73 router, no switch or other devices in the network, right?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 09:56:47

@Sunshine 

The AX55 hasn't been restarted since i last mentioned it, since i didnt need to access the web interface,  i didn't see much of a reason to restart, and in the meantime it does still say Operation Failed.Also regarding the AX55 and Tenda, yup they're both directly to the AX73, but i did mention in another post in this topic that it has been solved via disabling the AX73's EasyMesh, followed by re-enabling it.

Options
2023-11-23 09:59:38 - last edited 2023-11-23 10:06:13

@jra11500 

Hi, we are unable to reproduce the issue of AX55 static IP in AP mode with the beta firmware, may I know if the issue still exists now?

If so, we would like to escalate the case to our engineers for testing and debugging.

In addition, regarding the client list not updating issue when a device disconnects, may I know if you configured IP-MAC binding for the client device?

And it only happens in router mode with beta firmware or in AP mode with beta firmware as well?

Looking forward to your reply.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 10:01:54

@Atsukio 

Yes, I understand, and the only issue now in your case is the Operation Failed on the AX55 satellite, and it happens randomly, no specific steps can trigger it for debugging, am I right?

Options
2023-11-23 10:04:02

Sunshine wrote

@Atsukio 

Yes, I understand, and the only issue now in your case is the Operation Failed on the AX55 satellite, and it happens randomly, no specific steps can trigger it for debugging, am I right?

@Sunshine Yup.

Options
2023-11-23 10:14:25

@Atsukio 

Okay, since you usually don't need to access the AX55 satellite web interface and no clear step to trigger the issue for debugging, you could continue using it this way, and we will also monitor if there is any more feedbacks.

If you feel it quite annoying and would like to debug the issue with our support engineers, please let me know.

Options
2023-11-23 10:15:39

Sunshine wrote

@Atsukio 

Okay, since you usually don't need to access the AX55 satellite web interface and no clear step to trigger the issue for debugging, you could continue using it this way, and we will also monitor if there is any more feedbacks.

If you feel it quite annoying and would like to debug the issue with our support engineers, please let me know.

@Sunshine Will do, thank you!~

Options
2023-11-23 10:19:03

Macrox wrote

Sunshine wrote

Hi, upon checking with our engineers, our EasyMesh routers implement EasyMesh R2, and R2 doesn't require 802.11r compulsorily, thus our EasyMesh routers do not support 802.11r.

Sunshine thanks four your answer. Could you ask if 802.11r support is planned? I was having roaming issues with my iPhone 14 Pro, I think Fast Roaming (802.11r) could be a really good feature for this router

@Macrox 

Hi, I don't see the plan to support 802.11r at this moment, but I will record your feedback and forward it to development team for evaulation.

Options