[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

297 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-24 02:55:02

@ChrisBS 

This is noted, thanks a lot!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-24 02:57:29

Den88 wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello! Is it possible to add ipv6 6in4 tunnel support in the next firmware version?

@Den88 

Hi, our home routers support IPv6 6to4 tunnel but doesn't support 6in4 tunnel, may I know who your ISP is and whether other IPv6 settings still work with your ISP?

We will record your feature request and report to development team for evaluation.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-24 03:44:35

Sunshine wrote

@uKER 

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you already updated to the 1.2.6 beta firmware again? If so, does the issue disappear now with the 1.2.6 beta firmware?

When using the 1.2.5 official firmware, the DHCP server issue only happens with the specific PC or happens with all your client devices?

And will you get valid IP address after restarting the router?

If the issue only happens with the specific PC, please let us know the brand and model no. of the PC, and it is connected via wired cable, right?

@Sunshine I'm back at version 1.2.6 and it works perfectly.

Oddly enough, I think the DHCP issue only happened for the wired connection.

I have many other wireless devices and I didn't notice any of those being affected.

That said, all of the wireless devices are "always-on", so they never needed to ask for a new lease on the DHCP.

Shame I didn't think of setting a manual IP address on my PC to see if I got connectivity. I bet I would have.

The PC being turned off at night, it was when turning it on in the morning that it showed it had no internet connectivity.

As I said before, it did connect to the LAN but wouldn't get a valid IP from the DHCP.

Restarting the router did fix the issue, and the problem would not present itself again until the next day.

As far as I remember it happened every day while I had 1.2.5.

I just upgraded my PC but when I had the issue I was using the onboard Realtek NIC on an ASRock B450 Steel Legend.

Options
2023-11-24 05:53:17

@uKER 

Thanks for the update, I will pass all those information to our engineers to see if they could reproduce the issue.

Options
2023-11-24 14:00:28 - last edited 2023-11-24 14:51:11

@Sunshine Appreciated! Just see to take out the part about it only happening over wired.

I was thinking as I went and later on figured that the PC was the only one being turned off and re-negotiating the DHCP, and forgot to delete that.

Options
2023-11-24 17:11:27

@Sunshine 

Hi I am further instable behavior. Here my current topology:

one archer has disapeared. The other is "offline" altough 11 clients are connected and have acces to the internet. it remains unlear to me what I can still try to get a stable system.

Options
2023-11-24 17:46:35

@serengeti 

I had same bug. Remove AX55 on main router (Ax73) on easemesh devices and try back to factory settings on AX55 (push reset button). After setup all again. And should be fix. :) 

Options
2023-11-24 19:14:19

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

Den88 wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello! Is it possible to add ipv6 6in4 tunnel support in the next firmware version?

@Den88 

Hi, our home routers support IPv6 6to4 tunnel but doesn't support 6in4 tunnel, may I know who your ISP is and whether other IPv6 settings still work with your ISP?

We will record your feature request and report to development team for evaluation.

My home Internet operator is MTS Russia.
My operator does not support ipv6 and also blocks access to anycast 6to4 IPv4 address 192.88.99.1.
So I want to use a 6in4 tunnel through a tunnel broker.

Options
2023-11-24 23:54:56
Wow! I just recently bought AX73 and Air R5 and was sure that Ethernet backhaul was implemented there. I really hope that after the beta test this functionality will appear in the AX73 and Air R5 firmware. Very, very necessary! I'm looking forward to the results!
Options
2023-11-25 07:35:53

@ChrisBS 

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that did not help really.

1) unregistered the visible ax55 in the easymesh management of ax73

2) factory reset ax55 (kept eth connected in blue WAN)

3) configure Ax55 to be satellite in easymesh

4) search for new easymesh dev in ax73, add.

This is what happens:

1) first ax55 shows up as wifi easymesh satellite. Interestingly the second router is back visible again as well ( no longer connected through Ethernet but on)

2) some connectivity issues appear but resolve miraculous by themselves, now I see the expected pattern (ax55 Ethernet connected sign)

3) after 30 min or so, IN breaks down, nothing reachable anymore , wifi refusing to assign IP, etc

4) I unplug Ethernet connection between ax55 and ax73-> system recovers. Satellite displayed as wifi and provides some access

5) a few hours later, ax55 completely disconnected ( not reachable over IP of in mesh network graphic) does not provide any wifi and need reboot/reset again

Do I miss something what could be done? Change to a AP architecture?

Best

ChrisBS wrote

@serengeti 

I had same bug. Remove AX55 on main router (Ax73) on easemesh devices and try back to factory settings on AX55 (push reset button). After setup all again. And should be fix. :) 

Options