[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

297 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-27 09:01:13

Hello @Sunshine 

Any possibility there is a beta firmware for the AX55 Pro? 

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-27 10:41:39 - last edited 2023-11-27 10:43:04

@gelvy @Sunshine I would love to know that as well... Even if noone is replying to my questions about chance if excistamce of any affordable TP-Link Router whch has EasyMesh and OneMesh, WiFi 6 and USB 3.0 with support for USB-based Broadband modem ...

Options
2023-11-27 18:22:15 - last edited 2023-11-27 22:38:47

@Sunshine 

My apologies for somehow missing your post #87 from last Thursday.

Back on the static IP in AP mode issue, yes the problem still exists. Since then I rebooted the router back to Wireless Router mode for some more tests. After testing, the AX55 was once again rebooted in the AP mode.  The front panel internet LED is orange but the iMac (on which I am writing this) is connected (via cable) just fine. Here are the screenshots from the AX55 AP:

The main AX55 is operating in Wireless Router mode and the AX55 AP is directly connected to the main router with a CAT6 ethernet cable. The main router’s firmware is version 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473(4555).  Here are some screenshots:

Back on the client list issue, I will do some more testing tomorrow and provide you the results.  I can say that In the prior tests, neither IP & MAC Binding or Access Control were enabled.

Options
2023-11-28 02:48:41

uKER wrote

@Sunshine Appreciated! Just see to take out the part about it only happening over wired.

I was thinking as I went and later on figured that the PC was the only one being turned off and re-negotiating the DHCP, and forgot to delete that.

@uKER 

Hi, we are trying to locate the official 1.2.5 firmware issue now, and would like to forward your case to our senior engineer for debugging via remote session, if it is convenient for you, please let me know.

Looking forward to your reply.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-28 02:59:27

@jra11500 

Hi, thank you very much for the valuable information.

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-28 03:13:47 - last edited 2023-11-28 03:14:07

Sunshine wrote

@uKER 

Hi, we are trying to locate the official 1.2.5 firmware issue now, and would like to forward your case to our senior engineer for debugging via remote session, if it is convenient for you, please let me know.

Looking forward to your reply.

@Sunshine I'm totally up for it.

Let me know what I need to do.

Options
2023-11-28 03:23:49

seiren wrote

@Sunshine I noticed that with a cold reboot of the router, all of my DHCP address reservations are disabled. I always need to manually enable every reserved address one by one. Is this normal behavior? This has been an issue since the last stable firmware and I'm using the latest beta right now..

Hi, we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end, may I know if the problem still exists on your router now?

If so, I would lilke to forward your case to senior engineers for debugging via remote session, please let us know if it is convenient for you.

Options
2023-11-28 04:05:35

@uKER 

Hi, thanks a lot for the cooperation.

I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-11-28 10:44:11 - last edited 2023-11-28 10:45:52

@Sunshine 

Following up to yesterday's post...

Clients List Testing Results

The device tested was an Archer AX55(EU) Version 1 router using beta firmware version 1.2.6 Build 20231106 rel.45124(4555). The client devices used were an iMac computer and an HP laptop computer.

1.  AX55 in Access Point mode:

The AX55 WAN port was connected to a LAN port on the main router (also an AX55 but with the current firmware release) via a Cat6A ethernet cable.   The iMac computer was used to connect remotely to the AX55 AP and monitor the clients list.

When the laptop computer was connected to one of the AX55 AP LAN ports, the clients list updated properly after a very brief interval.  After disconnecting the laptop, the clients list again updated properly after less than 30 seconds.

The laptop was then connected via Wi-Fi, first using the 2.4 GHz network and then the 5 GHz network. The connections and the disconnects were each updated correctly on the clients list.

Therefore, it can be concluded that the clients list does update properly in the access point mode of the AX55.

2.  AX55 in Wireless Router mode:

Using the same physical connections as before, the iMac computer was used to connect remotely to the AX55 under test and monitor the clients list.

When the laptop computer was connected to one of the AX55 LAN ports, the clients list updated properly.  After disconnecting the laptop, the clients list did not update and after 10 minutes was still shown as connected.

The laptop was then connected using a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection.  The clients list then updated, reflecting the new wireless connection.  However, after disconnecting and again after 10 minutes, the clients list still shows the laptop as connected.

The 5 GHz connection was tested with the same results.

Therefore, it can be concluded that the clients list does not update properly after a device disconnects when the AX55 is operating in the wireless router mode.

Options
2023-11-28 11:33:14

@jra11500 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed information, I've forwarded your case and the details to our senior engineer, and you could continue debugging the issue with them via email especially the static IP issue in AP mode.

Options