[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-07 08:14:09 - last edited 2023-12-07 08:19:23

@mamiwhereru 

Haha, it's a mess. I have my ISP router. from there it's run backwards through the unused cable wiring to my basement where I have a switch. From there it runs to my main TP-Link router. To get Ethernet backhaul I ran it backwards from there, through another switch (because I read I couldn't use the same one due to loops) then up through a wired Ethernet to my living room, another switch from there to my satellite router. 

Is there any wonder I took a bit to get it all working and narrow down the trouble spot! .

So basically  main router <-> switch <-> switch <-> satellite device

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-07 19:01:14 - last edited 2023-12-07 21:33:18

@Sunshine you'll have to excuse me for being a bit late to the party - just installed this latest beta firmware to trace down a few irregularities I faced with DoH&DoT over Wireshark and will report back promptly with regards to the nature and extend of the issue at hand.

The is one thing however that I'd be really happy to see implemented for AX55 a midrange SOHO router that being SNMP support. Any change we see this added at all? SNMP has been with us for many many years and even much older home TP-LINK modems and routers offered support for it, kinda dissapointed to see this vanish without being replaced by anything else. Before we jump onto the security bandwagon let me just remind us all that SNMPv3 offers security measures to mitigate said concerns.

[edit] seems like my initials concerns are somewhat substantiated, albeit still being early to say for sure - *** FURTHER TESTING IS REQUIRED *** but do feel free to chime in anyone who has the time and can put the effort down. In enabling either DoT or DoH even with the default DNS servers my current Wireshark profiles - despite having selected both internet and home network client access from the dropdown menu - cannot get any DNS queries to pass through nerfing the device at hand. I've tested this with two devices already, only option appears to be to disable DoH & DoT completely and then DNS and traffic pass through. This applies to both this latest release and the penultimate one, looking for the one before to test out on this and report back asap. [/edit]

Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options
2023-12-11 14:27:27

@Sunshine 

2 Issues I had with updating from Beta 1 to Beta 3.

1 : MAJOR ISSUE - This wiped my AX55 UK v1.

WiFi SSIDs, Passwords, Static IP addresses and more... ALL GONE!!!
Basically, updating performed a Factory Reset.

Luckily for me, I kept a note of my SSIDs and passwords, and had a fairly recent back-up of the rest of my settings.

I did not see any warning that updating will do this, so some people may be caught out.

2 : MINOR ISSUE (for now as still 3 months to fix) - Daylight savings not showing correct day or time to implement (see pic 1).

Pic 1

The reason I checked was due to a previous UK firmware having US dates instead of UK dates.

The day to start is showing as the "4th" "Monday" of March, and the day to stop is showing as the "Last" "Monday" of October.

This is incorrect, as it always "Sundays", and preferably set to "Last" instead of "4th" as there are some years when there are 5 Sundays.

Also, the time to start and end is showing as "1am".

Again, incorrect. It should be "2am". This is especially important for when DST ends, as clocks going back at 1am, can cause issues with the date changing in the hardware when it shouldn't change.

I attempted to fix (see pic 2), but the "Day" keeps changing to Monday (see pic 3).

Pic 2

Pic 3

Options
2023-12-11 14:58:43

@Sunshine 

Tomorrow i will update my 2x Ax55 to new beta. And i will check if that happen again on new firmware :)

Options
2023-12-11 17:15:55 - last edited 2023-12-11 18:26:16

@shakeyhome 

you saved me after several hours of troubleshooting!

i had the same issue where when there was an old dlink switch between the main router (ax55, latest firmware from this thread) and the satellite (ax23 in this case), something would happen where the cpu of the main router would spike to 100% and cause extreme network instability (which persists even after the satellite until the main is rebooted)

but the problem is not present when the switch is moved from the link between the main and satellite router

also for the tplink team, nothing was logged in the system log, so not sure what the specifics are. But disabling the dhcp server helped lower the cpu usage some and enabled slow (but consistent) wired access to the main router, so I definitely think something about the switch is causing some sort of feedback loop that completely overwhelms the main router

EDIT: Never mind - while the situation is definitely improved, but the satellite router now seems to be connecting and disconnecting every 20 seconds rather than every second and I have no idea how to debug why since I can't access the satellite's web interface (getting a "Rejected under RE mode" error message from the AX23). At the moment the connection is

I'll try replacing the d-link switch later to see if that improves anything

Options
2023-12-11 19:55:07 - last edited 2023-12-11 19:55:41

@Sunshine 

Hi, AP mode login problem solved with the latest firmware. Many thanks!

Options
2023-12-12 08:32:48

@RTouris @DavidR1974 

Thank you very much for the feedback, I will reported them to our senior engineers, once there is any update or additional information needed, I will let you know.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-12 08:33:17

@sperla 

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that previous issue has been resolved.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-13 11:35:45

@Sunshine Is it possible to choose the "Preferred WiFi Uplink AP" for easymesh repeater nodes of other brands? I only se "auto" as option in the "Preferred WiFi Uplink AP" of my third party satellite nodes.

It would be very beneficial to chose so that a hiearchy can be forced, otherwise the topology is alway unoptimized, for example in case an intermediate node reboots, I see the other nodes connecting directy to the router with very poor signal.

BR

Salvatore

Options
2023-12-13 12:12:17

@Sunshine 

Hi, is this available for Archer AX10 as well?

Thanks,

-George

Options