[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

295 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-14 00:52:15

@RTouris 

Hi, may I know which DoT&DoH servers you've tried? Please share with us the related screenshots.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-14 01:03:25

@sperla 

Hi, you have three EasyMesh devices in the same network but only one of them is Archer AX55, right?

This feature requires both nodes supporting, thus if your other nodes are other brands and don't support it, I am afraid it is still not possible at this moment.

sperla wrote

@Sunshine Is it possible to choose the "Preferred WiFi Uplink AP" for easymesh repeater nodes of other brands? I only se "auto" as option in the "Preferred WiFi Uplink AP" of my third party satellite nodes.

It would be very beneficial to chose so that a hiearchy can be forced, otherwise the topology is alway unoptimized, for example in case an intermediate node reboots, I see the other nodes connecting directy to the router with very poor signal.

BR

Salvatore

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-14 01:06:50

@gg2 

Hi, most features are only available on AX55 for test at this moment, some features might be already available on other models.

Please let us know which feature you would like to know for AX10.

For example, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul is also supported by AX10: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Options
2023-12-14 01:31:27 - last edited 2023-12-14 04:44:55

@Sunshine 

Hello i just try update from pervoius beta to new beta. And satellite update without problems but main has a error everytime. 

Hope push back reset button and restart to factory settings will help LOL

edit:

Pushing back reset button help with the update error. 

I start testing new beta firmware i will keep you update  @Sunshine 

Options
2023-12-14 07:11:37

@ChrisBS 

This is noted, and thanks a lot for the update.

Options
2023-12-14 08:03:04

@Sunshine 

Thanks very much for your reply.

I am interested in EasyMesh in AP mode and also OpenVPN on the AX10.

I plan to use one or the other of these two features.

Thanks

Options
2023-12-14 21:23:16

@Sunshine 

I have been using the Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231130 firmware for some time now using two AX55s. Ethernet backhaul with EasyMesh only works in AP Mode. EasyMesh in the Wireless Router Mode only seems to work in wireless mode. (Would be great if there was a menu option to toggle ethernet mode)

The problem with AP mode is that it's very unstable. Devices connected to the WiFi network keep disconnecting all the time. Unfortunately too unstable to use at the moment.

I have both AX55s connected by ethernet cable to my ISP modem.

Hope this can be fixed in a future update! When it works, it's works really good (just not for a very long time). But now the Wifi signal just disappears and reappears at random moments.

Options
2023-12-15 02:38:03 - last edited 2024-01-28 06:02:27

@Sunshine 

Hey again.

For me that new firmware was a little pain in a** :D

Ofcourse after upgrade to new beta firmware i had to set up easymesh from begining.

Seems backup settings have problems with Easymesh and routers wont find eachother.

On main router I reserve IP address for satellite router and  start be problems with that on new firmware. Before that problem not appearing.

Some problems with mesh appear randomly after restart main router.

example:

Router gives totally diffrent IP adress to settlite device and has problem find wire connection. 

I fix it by delete reserve IP adress from backup and create it again. 

Other random problems but this time after restart a main router and satellite in same time:

IP adress showing good but status switching every few seconds from offline to wireless connection or wire connection and change number of clients while doing that.

But i find simple solution for that:  plug off/plug in ethernet lan cable between main and sattlite router if wont fix just restart manually a satellite router. 

So tip from me to others: do not restart routers in same time on new beta firmware or more bugs will come! :D

Still Missing Features:

- Restart button and reboot schedule in webinterface on Sattlite Router OR you can add it inside main router webinterface to reboot schedule for sattelite when Easymesh is on.

- Cant rename Storage Device on Sattelite Router

- no internet DNS option in storge device on Satellite Router  

- Will be nice have option on main router to choose between enthernet backhoul or wireless protocol. To force it in some cases for Easymesh devices when is problem with detect of type conections

For now thats all but i will keep testing and think about new features to add too :)

Options
2023-12-18 15:50:07

The Archer AX55 V1's public beta firmware, version 1.2.6 Build_20231130, brings exciting enhancements. It introduces Ethernet Backhaul, EasyMesh in AP mode, Satellite Router Management, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, and more. Notable improvements include client type identification accuracy, HomeShield parental control features, and additions to the Tether App. The update also features EasyMesh Backhaul Steering, AP Bind, and optimizations for EasyMesh. Other additions include DoH and DoT on the Advanced->Network->Internet page, ECO Mode on Advanced->System->ECO Mode page, enhanced Wi-Fi Schedule, Guest Network isolation in AP mode, language options, OpenVPN Server TAP Mode, and the User Experience Improvement Program (UEIP). Download and explore these features, providing valuable feedback to enhance the product.

Options
2023-12-20 09:01:46 - last edited 2023-12-20 09:14:18

@legovogel 

Hi,

When the two AX55 are both connected to your ISP modem and using router mode, the second AX55 is on WAN side of the first AX55, that is why Ethernet backhual doesn't work.

Is it possible for you to connect the second AX55 to main AX55 via Ethernet cable instead of connecting both AX55 to ISP modem?

If that is possible, you could try the wireless router mode again and check if Ethernet backhaul works fine.

Options