[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

295 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-20 09:54:38

@ChrisBS 

Thank you very much for the feedback. I've forwarded all the feedbacks to our senior engineer.

By the way, for rebooting satellite AX55, you could also use the new Tether App and reboot the satellite AX55 on the Tether App: New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-12-20 20:08:23

@Sunshine 

Hi Sunshine,

I connected both AX55s via Ethernet cable and the ethernet backhaul worked (stable) for some hours. But now, a couple hours later the Wifi network has become very instable again. Devices keep disconnecting all the time, somethime not able to connect at all.

Options
2023-12-21 09:04:36

@legovogel 

May I have the detailed topology of your whole network now? please also try connecting the WiFi next to the main router and also the second router to identify if both of them are not working.

If possible, please connect to main AX55 router and check the EasyMesh network status, share with us the screenshots and also LED status on both AX55.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-26 11:32:16
Will these features also be made avaiable for AX55 V2 (EU) ?
Options
2023-12-26 13:58:06 - last edited 2023-12-26 21:20:29

@Sunshine is there a way to to enable Guest Network in AP when EasyMesh is enabled? I can't find that option in my AP, and my main Router is not sharing it with the AP

Options
2023-12-27 03:37:47

tonydj wrote

Will these features also be made avaiable for AX55 V2 (EU) ?

@tonydj 

Hi, I believe those features will come to more models after testing on the AX55 V1, but not very sure about the specific models, it is recommanded to monitor any new firmware update if you have AX55 V2.

Options
2023-12-27 03:39:58

Macrox wrote

@Sunshine is there a way to to enable Guest Network in AP when EasyMesh is enabled? I can't find that option in my AP, and my main Router is not sharing it with the AP

@Macrox 

Hi, is your AX55 AP mode working as the EasyMesh main unit or satellite unit? Guest Network should be available on the main unit at least.

Options
2023-12-27 03:44:19

Sunshine wrote

Macrox wrote

@Macrox 

Hi, is your AX55 AP mode working as the EasyMesh main unit or satellite unit? Guest Network should be available on the main unit at least.

@Sunshine my AP is working as a satellite. Guest network is available on the main router, but I need it to work in my AP (because is in another floor) and I can't find a way

Options
2023-12-27 06:40:03

@Macrox 

Hi, satellite router doesnt have guest network at this moment, we have reported it to the development team to evaluate it, please wait for any new firmware update.

Options
2023-12-27 21:23:40 - last edited 2023-12-31 09:13:38

@Sunshine 

Today, to my surprise, your global website made available the new firmware release. After downloading it and updating my routers, everything is working well. I have not yet tested the ethernet backhaul capability, but will do so in the near future. Your team has done a great job!  Thanks...

Update 31-12-23:

I just realized the new official release of the 1.2.6 firmware is not the same as the 1.2.6 beta release.  I am testing the beta firmware now and will let you know if there are any problems. One suggestion for now is that there should be a way to assign a static IP to an EasyMesh satellite AX55.  Unless I missed something during the setup, I can not assign a static IP to the router and have to use a reserved DHCP address from the main router.

I also have some questions since the web interface of the satellite router only has a few options.  Does the satellite router "copy" the settings of the main router for such things as device isolation?  What is the satellite router's DHCP setting. i.e. "auto" or "off"?  What is the correct procedure for setting up the satellite router as an access point with EasyMesh enabled?

Options