[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

297 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-07 21:55:46 - last edited 2024-01-07 21:56:20

@Sunshine 

Hello, are you also going to bring this update to the TPLink AX53 router? It's new features and improvements are awesome! But I'd like to avoid switching routers. Thank you. Keep me posted 

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-08 03:26:21

@Sunshine 

If i configure scheduled reboot on the main AP, does that perform reboot on the satellite device as well? Cause I can't find the scheduled reboot in the satellite AP settings.

Options
2024-01-08 10:24:14 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:35:49

@Sunshine 

My latest configuration is that shown in post #224 of this thread.  The GUI of the AP normally shows the following topology under Advanced, EasyMesh:

This morning the ground floor RE700X had a red signal LED.  Logging on to the AP showed the extender as online but with a weak signal.  The EasyMesh topology map showed the following:

For some unknown reason the extender was connected to the satellite AX55 located 2 floors above it (through brick walls and concrete floors) instead of maintaining its connection to the AP on the same floor.  Rebooting the extender corrected the problem.

The signal levels in the extender's GUI are normally STRONG and GOOD for the two bands.  When connected to the satellite router, the levels were WEAK and WEAK.  The only thing that I can think of that would cause this issue is that the AP went offline momentarily causing the extender to switch nodes.  The AP does not have any scheduled Wi-Fi or reboot settings configured and is on continuously.  Even if the AP did go offline, once restored the extender should detect that and reestablish its solid connection.  There is nothing in the AP, satellite router, and extender logs to indicate what might have happened.

One thing that I would like to do is reduce the Transmit Power of the satellite router, making it more difficult or impossible for the extender to connect, but there currently is no way to set the transmit power in the satellite router's GUI.  Also, the Preferred WiFi Uplink AP setting for the satellite device only has the option "auto" and can not be set to the desired AP.

Options
2024-01-08 18:03:36 - last edited 2024-01-08 18:03:58

@Sunshine 

Today again i had self reboot of main router this time happen on last beta firmware. 

Before that happen:

- i notice internet work not stable (disconecting)

- when i login to WEB UI (main router) interface was little laggy, works slow.

- I notice EasyMesh cant connect a sattlite by ethernet

- when i check logs i saw usb storge failed or something but when i connect by samba/ftp all works fine.

- when i want save logs, show operation fail, and router do self reboot. 

- after self reebot all logs gone and router works again stable.... 

Options
2024-01-08 21:30:24 - last edited 2024-01-08 21:33:37

@jra11500 

the beta has made my routers crash after few hours good work

Easy mesh ethernet backhaul:

Main router: AX73 v2 

AP: AX55 v1

I did factory reset, after reconfiged both routers, ethernet backhaul works perfect and few hours after that the whole network get crash (no internet, even I cant connect any WIFI device in my network).

The problem get solve after reboot AX55.

Something wrong with that beta is very unstable if AX55 is in AP easy mesh.

Options
2024-01-09 16:40:53

@ChrisBS 

You are right: I made a mistake.

But the problem remains: with the beta firmware the VPN client configuration do not work (at least with OpenVPN)

Options
2024-01-16 08:47:13

mamiwhereru wrote

@Sunshine 

If i configure scheduled reboot on the main AP, does that perform reboot on the satellite device as well? Cause I can't find the scheduled reboot in the satellite AP settings.

@Sunshine 

Anyone have idea on this? seems like there's no update anymore from admin on AX55 backhaul..

Options
2024-01-18 20:04:13

@Sunshine 

I'm running 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059 on my Archer AX55 v1.0 in an EasyMesh configuration with a Archer AX10 (1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716) satellite and Ethernet Backhaul enabled.

This has been working without issues for a few weeks, but this morning the Archer AX55 locked up and stopped responding. The web interface was inaccessible. After power cycling it, everything is working again but I'm not seeing anything about the failure in the logs. 

Options
2024-01-18 20:54:47
i had a simialar experince when tried mesh setup my ax10 to ax73 it lost all the wifi setting i had disable the mesh setup to get my network working the right way. I keep my ax10 around as backup if my ax73 goes down
Options
2024-01-22 10:44:19 - last edited 2024-01-22 10:46:52

@Macrox and all

I wonder how you managed to get EasyMesh over Ethernet (Ethernet backhaul).

I have 2 AX55 routers , both with firmware update 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135, with a CAT8 cable (!) between them, yet, EasyMesh prefers the wifi connection, which is absolutely slow - 20mbps instead of the Ethernet connection which for internet speed test is 400Mbps (50MBps) without EasyMesh.

Tried all possible configurations:

- factory reset and adding as satellite router

- factory reset, set as sattelite router

- WAN/LAN port switch : setup on LAN, change to WAN

I am really considering returning the routers. I was expecting to get a better network, not a worse one.

Options