[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-22 17:37:50 - last edited 2024-01-22 17:43:16

@Qntrix 

You are making the same mistake that I made.  You need to update your routers with the beta firmware version 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059.  Note that the release number is different from the official firmware's release number.  Both firmwares have the same version and build numbers which is confusing.

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-22 22:46:27

@Qntrix 

Hey, you need instal beta firmware to have Ethernet Backhaul: CLICK HERE

Options
2024-01-22 23:32:34 - last edited 2024-01-23 08:30:55

@Sunshine 
I would like to report an issue that I'm having using the AX55 with the 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059(4555)

I'm using the AX55 as a router and connected a RE6000XD using the EasyMesh feature. 
The extender is connected using the Ethernet-Backhaul. 

As soon as the RE6000XD is configured and forms a Mesh with the AX55, the WiFi on my Iphone SE 2020 (iOS 17.2.1) keeps disconnecting in a ~ 20s interval.

Before I configured the Mesh, it was connecting fine with the AX55.

The moment I unplug the extender, it works again. 

I also tried with the RE335 instead of the RE6000XD as the extender, however with the same result. 

My PC does not seem to have any Problems. 

I would thus assume that it is an issue with either the AX55 or with the iPhone, or a combination of both.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated? 

Update:

Today I observed another problem, which I don't know if it is related to the above mentioned.
First the extender did not get any internet and my PC that previously worked with the AX55 would now only connect to the extender, even if the AX55 is way closer.

A restart of the extender fixed the internet connectivity problem of the extender.
However now the AX55 does not show any client connections or mesh devices in the network tab and in the Advanced -> EasyMesh tab, EasyMesh is shown as OFF, even though the extender seems to connect fine.

Options
2024-01-23 06:40:32

I am observing similar issues as @felichs 

My main router is a ax73 and a ax55 is connected as satellite with Ethernet backhaul. The latest beta is running on both routers.

Multiple devices (I do not have an iPhone) do only connect intermittently to the WiFi when in range of the ax55. They keep resetting the connection every ~20s . When close to the main router ax73 they work again normally. 

I can't identify a common pattern on the devices that don't work, other than they have only 2.4Ghz . On of them is the Shelly uni. Another the lightmanager air. 

Options
2024-01-23 07:55:20

@serengeti 

I have absolutely the same issue.Same situation AX73 v2 as a main and AX55 is AP in Easymesh wired.

I hope for an update soon its realy a headache and Im really regretting for choosing TPLINK

Options
2024-01-23 07:57:41

jra11500 wrote

@Sunshine 

With the AX55 operating as an EasyMesh satellite router, the following firmware bugs are noted when using firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel. 74059:

1.  The user is unable to access the web interface with HTTPS, receiving the message “Local Management via HTTPS is disabled. Please access the device via HTTP.”  Under System, Administration, there is no option to enable this as in the main router.

2. Under System, USB Storage Device, Access Method, the user is unable to disable either option, receiving the message “Operation failed”.

3. Under System, USB Storage Device, Access Method, the user is unable to edit and save the server name, receiving the message “Operation failed”.

4. Even with Device Isolation enabled in the main router, any device connected to the satellite router can still communicate with any other device connected to the satellite router, isolated or not.

5. The user is unable to set a static IP address in the satellite router.

No other issues, such as dropping connections, reboots, etc., have been noted thus far.  Some of the new features (such as the DNS options, Eco Mode, etc) were not tested.

@jra11500 

Hi, Regarding the issue 2 and 3, is it possible to take a short video for us?

For the the other features, indeed the features on EasyMesh satellite router is quite limited now and we will report to development team to add more features for satellite router.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-23 08:51:05

@Sunshine Any update on the issue where enabling DOH / DOT while at the same time connecting through WireGuard/OpenVPN nullifies DNS requests on clients? Due to limited time available I had to come back to this after quite a long time, but was able to test this again yesterday once again yielding the same exact results using a slew of alternate devices, ranging from mobile phones, laptops etc. The issue arises regardless of the settings used i.e. Default / Ultra Secure mode and default / custom DNS servers. All clients in the same subnet to the router are NOT affected, it's only the ones connected through the VPN created by either WireGuard or OpenVPN. In a nutshell if only Wireguard and/or OpenVPN are enabled everything goes to plan. The minute either DOH or DOT are enabled no DNS traffic passes through the VPN tunnel meaning that there's something there that goes amiss.

To everyone else experiencing connectivity outages every half a minute or so, this reminds me of a wacky DHCP situation; could you possibly either reserve IPs for said devices and retry or have these devices set in static IPs mode so as to at least rule out the DHCP situation.

Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options
2024-01-23 09:01:27

@RTouris 

The devices have an IP reserved atm. Still observing this issue. 

Will try with a fixed IP.

Options
2024-01-23 09:36:43

@swaguii 

swaguii wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello, are you also going to bring this update to the TPLink AX53 router? It's new features and improvements are awesome! But I'd like to avoid switching routers. Thank you. Keep me posted 

As far as I know, EasyMesh ethernet backhaul will be added into AX53 V1 as well, AX53 V2 already supported it.

For other features, we don't have advanced information yet.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-23 09:38:20

mamiwhereru wrote

@Sunshine 

If i configure scheduled reboot on the main AP, does that perform reboot on the satellite device as well? Cause I can't find the scheduled reboot in the satellite AP settings.

@mamiwhereru 

I am afarid not at this moment, the features on satellite routers is quite limited now and we have also reported it to development team to add more features for satellite routers.

Options