[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

296 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-31 17:03:06

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

@Zdzislaw 

Hi, may I know if all the three TP-Link routers are connected directly to your ISP Router? and is there any switch between them?

Normally wired backhaul is indeed priority from wireless backhaul for now, if possible, please try connecting the AX23 and AX10 to LAN ports of AX55 to see if wired backhaul works automatically.

By the way, what is the model no. of your ISP router?

After confirming the above information, I would like to escalate your case to our senior engineer for debugging as well, please let us know the specific hardware and firmware version of your AX23 and AX10.

All my TP-Link routers are connected directly to the LAN ports of the ISP router.

Versions:

-Archer AX55 v1.0, 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059(4555)

-Archer AX23 v1.0, 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 56344

-Archer AX1500 v1.0, 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(4555)

I can't change topology because I only have one ethernet cable per each floor, all of them are concentrated on the attic where the fiber optic ISP router is. I would have to buy a 4th TP router and ask the provider to change their router mode to bridge mode, but this is not effective because I don't even need WiFi on the attic.

ISP's router is ZTE f660, but that shouldn't matter. In LAN network, it works like any other router, also like a switch, except that it has DHCP enabled.

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-31 18:47:09
if you disable dhcp on 2 routers only use one that may help sol ve some issues did setup dns 1.1.1.2 8.8.8.8
Options
2024-01-31 21:52:36

@tonyjp2022 

O

tonyjp2022 wrote

if you disable dhcp on 2 routers only use one that may help sol ve some issues did setup dns 1.1.1.2 8.8.8.8

Only one router has DHCP enabled (ISP router zte f660). Ax55 (main mesh) works in access point mode (Static IP 192.168.1.191, Mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1). Satellite ax23 and ax10 get IP from DHCP from the same subnet (I would like to assign them static IP addresses, but in the current software in satellite mode they are not managed).

This configuration works stably and efficiently. The only problem is that after each reboot I have to physically disconnect the Wi-Fi connection between the TP-link routers, only then does Ethernet backhaul work.

Options
2024-02-01 01:35:01

@Zdzislaw 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-01 21:12:21

@Peeves 

Peeves wrote

@shakeyhome 

you saved me after several hours of troubleshooting!

i had the same issue where when there was an old dlink switch between the main router (ax55, latest firmware from this thread) and the satellite (ax23 in this case), something would happen where the cpu of the main router would spike to 100% and cause extreme network instability (which persists even after the satellite until the main is rebooted)

but the problem is not present when the switch is moved from the link between the main and satellite router

also for the tplink team, nothing was logged in the system log, so not sure what the specifics are. But disabling the dhcp server helped lower the cpu usage some and enabled slow (but consistent) wired access to the main router, so I definitely think something about the switch is causing some sort of feedback loop that completely overwhelms the main router

EDIT: Never mind - while the situation is definitely improved, but the satellite router now seems to be connecting and disconnecting every 20 seconds rather than every second and I have no idea how to debug why since I can't access the satellite's web interface (getting a "Rejected under RE mode" error message from the AX23). At the moment the connection is

I'll try replacing the d-link switch later to see if that improves anything

I know the public beta is over, but I finally got around to replacing the dlink switches with new ones, and as it turns out those new ones have a "Loop Prevention" toggle on them.

I tried the mesh network out again, and the network bugs out as it did before when Loop Prevention was on, but now *actually* works perfectly when it's off.

Thank you for the backhaul feature!

Options
2024-02-02 02:13:55

@Peeves 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that the network is working fine now!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-06 14:53:34
sounds like tplink needs upgrade the firmware
Options
Re:[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.
2024-02-08 08:55:00

Really unstable mesh solution.

Topology : AX55 Master -> Ethernet -> AX55 + AX10

AX55's with this latest beta, AX10 also the latest beta.

If any of these routers are rebooted , the entire network goes down. Symptoms: wifi led blinking orange whereas routers are really hot : something is running in a loop.

Solution (haha...if we can call this a solution): unplug ethernet cables, restart all (ALL!!) routers, wait for each of them to start until wifi can be connected, plug back the ethernet, pray to network Gods and wait endlessly, eventually repeat solution 

Options
Re:[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.
2024-02-09 14:39:59
Where can i download the firware for beta for ax10 thank you in advance
Options
2024-02-14 22:19:01

Hi any Idea when the new firmware will be out ?

Please we have been waiting for weeks ethernet backhaul is not working proper.

Options