Tapo C210 STILL not returning to the default position!

2023-12-17 08:16:42
Tags: #Feature Request #Default Position
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Despite all the requests on this forum, HOW is the Tapo C210 STILL not returning to the customer defined default position? I'm fed up of getting home from work to find the thing has reset to TAPO's default position which is utterly useless to me. It's impossible for me to fit the manually set the camera up to sit in the position I want the default place to be. 

Surely it's not rocket science to have the option for the default position to be a viewpoint set by the user? 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 STILL not returning to the default position!
2023-12-19 12:45:59

@TapoProblem  Do you refer to the position that the camera will return after motion tracking? According to my test, the camera will return to the initial position when I enable the motion tracking feature after it tracks a motion.

Options
2023-12-19 17:02:29
No I'm not. That works. The camera constantly resets itself, usually when I'm out, and returns to a useless position. It's a known fault on the forums and has been for ages. It's stopped me from recommending the TAPO.
Options
2023-12-20 07:59:46

@TapoProblem 

Hi,
Are you saying that when the motion tracking feature is disabled, the camera may still move to other positions? In general, if the motion tracking feature is not enabled, the camera lens will not move automatically. It will only move to other positions if the camera owner account or shared account controls the camera movement using the Pan & Tilt feature. If your camera lens is moving, it is recommended to make sure if you have used the Pan&Tilt feature to control the camera.

Or are you requesting a feature where the camera can return to a user-defined default position after X minutes of using the Pan & Tilt feature to move the camera's position?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-20 19:41:22

@Solla-topee The motion tracking feature is enabled and for months and months it worked perfectly. It returns to my user defined default position as I want it to. It will do so over the course of several hours .However, for some reason, my camera is resetting during the day and I don't think it's anything to do with my wifi. After this reset it's going back to a random position. As this tends to happen during the day it means that the footage is pretty useless by the time I get home to view it. 

Options
2023-12-21 08:27:00

@TapoProblem 

Hi,
Do you mean the camera will reboot during the day, or will it be reset to factory default settings, and you need to reconfigure it to make it work?

Generally, after a camera reboot, it will return to its previous position before the reboot. However, after a reset, it will return to a fixed default position. Your usage scenario is more likely the camera reboots when its lens moves to a different position, and I'd like to know your specific usage scenario so that I can provide feedback to the relevant department for evaluation.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-21 11:21:54

@Solla-topee - the camera is rebooting during the day and goes to a different position than the default. Before it reboots, it works well throughout the day, always returning to the default position after tracking. 

Options
2023-12-21 11:48:33

@TapoProblem 

Hi,
1. On the camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page, you can enable the Auto Reboot feature, and the camera will reboot itself during a specific time. If the Auto Reboot feature is turned on on your camera, you can try to turn it off if you don't want the camera reboot itself.

2. Regarding the feature to return the camera to a customer-defined default position after reboot, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-22 06:01:44

@TapoProblem I have now set it to reboot at 5.30am so I can then manually return it to the starting position. 

It reboot itself overnight and has gone back to the unwanted position. It's really frustrating. 

Options
2023-12-22 07:23:54

@TapoProblem 

Hi,
We have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely contact you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-23 10:13:56

@Solla-topee Yes thank you. 

For any users following my thread and who are having the same issue, here was my reply to tech:

Hi Cliff,

In response to your email, this was my first automatic reboot- and it's not the problem (see later). 

Of course, I have not rotated the camera by hand. 

1. Adjust position in Tapo APP and wait 5 minutes.

2. Reboot the camera in APP, the path is Device Settings > Reboot Camera.

3. Please check if the position will be in the same place as you set it before.

​I did the above and it worked fine. 

I have now found out that the issue is NOT after a reboot. My camera constantly adjusts back to the default position, usually when cars go past my window, until randomly it doesn't. There was a lot of activity on my camera this morning - always defaulted back just fine. Then at 08:07:22 this morning a car went past (which is mostly why this camera is activated) and this time it did not return to the default position. I can see no reason for this. There was no reboot at this time. 

Therefore, the issue is not following a reboot - just at random times the camera chooses not to return to the default position. Also, after this happens, it won't let me select a predefined position from my list to return to. 
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2134

Replies: 11

Tags

Feature Request
Default Position
Related Articles