Camera listed as cable device but is connected wirelessly

2024-01-19 18:30:16 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:59:24
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi all. I think it's a long shot but I'm desperate. I got a new router, and connected the camera to it fine with a factory reset but now the time & date are days and hours behind. It's set to the right timezone, and all the other tech in the house syncs fine to the right time.

The camera also says it can only be controlled locally. 

I've checked firewalls and so on, and they're all as they should be.

But the weird thing I have found on my router is that all of my devices are listed as 'wireless acces device' and the camera is listed as a 'cable access device' - and yet it's not connected to the internet via a cable. Anyone know what this means? I'm hoping if I can solve this it my sort the problem.

Thanks.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Camera listed as cable device but is connected wirelessly-Solution
2024-01-22 16:31:36 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:59:24

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I actually found out what the problem was, although I don't understand it.

I connected the camera having split my router into dual band; then I reverted the router to 2.4/5ghz combined... the camera was showing as connected by a cable, which it wasn't. I split the bands again and it showed as connected via wifi.

However, all my smart devices, bulbs and camera, have been acting weird/not connecting since I got my new router (ZTE MF286D through Three). After loads of internet research, it seems that for some reason this router isn't configured to cope with smart devices. Seems a bit backward-thinking to me. Anyway, I've disconnected everything, reinstalled my old router, reconnected everything (except the camera - need to borrow a ladder to reach the reset button) and it's all working fine. TLDR - Three's new 4G router doesn't work with Smart technology. 

Thanks for your help - fingers crossed the camera connects back up ok!

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-23 07:58:28 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:59:30

@SadBill 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your updates. 
You can refer to the link below to reset and reconfigure your camera to work with your old router, and please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
Tapo Outdoor Security Wi-Fi Camera Unboxing and Setup Video (Tapo C325WB & TC68)

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera listed as cable device but is connected wirelessly
2024-01-22 07:22:17

@SadBill 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.

1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router--AP)))(((Tapo camera, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router? If there is an AP/RE between the camera and the router, check it's connected to the router by a cable or Wi-Fi.

2. Is the camera connected to an NVR/NAS via the RTSP stream? If so, disconnect them for a try.

3. You can enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the camera, reconfigure it to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi with a different phone and check if the camera will have a correct time and date.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 16:31:36 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:59:24

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I actually found out what the problem was, although I don't understand it.

I connected the camera having split my router into dual band; then I reverted the router to 2.4/5ghz combined... the camera was showing as connected by a cable, which it wasn't. I split the bands again and it showed as connected via wifi.

However, all my smart devices, bulbs and camera, have been acting weird/not connecting since I got my new router (ZTE MF286D through Three). After loads of internet research, it seems that for some reason this router isn't configured to cope with smart devices. Seems a bit backward-thinking to me. Anyway, I've disconnected everything, reinstalled my old router, reconnected everything (except the camera - need to borrow a ladder to reach the reset button) and it's all working fine. TLDR - Three's new 4G router doesn't work with Smart technology. 

Thanks for your help - fingers crossed the camera connects back up ok!

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-23 07:58:28 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:59:30

@SadBill 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your updates. 
You can refer to the link below to reset and reconfigure your camera to work with your old router, and please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
Tapo Outdoor Security Wi-Fi Camera Unboxing and Setup Video (Tapo C325WB & TC68)

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-23 08:24:08

@Solla-topee thank you 😊 

Options
2024-01-23 10:03:41

@SadBill You are welcome!smiley

Options

Information