Tapo button push no response or excessive delay
Tapo button push no response or excessive delay
2024-06-18 22:57:09 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:39:33
Model: Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 231121 Rel.092508

For unknown reasons on Firefox mobile iOS I get no keyboard for the model field

Had to double tap and paste

I believe this is caused by some unknown interference. Originally I had one very near the h100 and was plagued with delays and non responsiveness.  I then swapped to a deco xe75 removing my ASUS router and the button miraculously has not missed a beat since.  

I installed a zigbee dongle into my HA nuc a couple of days ago which is in the room between the hub and current button having issues.  

The app does not record any interference problems yet here we are.

The app log didn't even record button press and had a -65rssi 

Which worked perfectly until the sonoff dongle

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo button push no response or excessive delay -Solution
2024-06-24 09:30:37 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:40:09

@SuTzu 

Try to increase the button's signal strength, for example, make it closer to -50dBm at least.

Are the S200B and H100 both updated? What's the signal strength of the H100?

Have you tried to unplug the zigbee dongle? Will it make any change?

More suggestions on Troubleshooting: Smart Action (Automation/Shortcut) Doesn't Take Effect

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo button push no response or excessive delay -Solution
2024-06-24 09:30:37 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:40:09

@SuTzu 

Try to increase the button's signal strength, for example, make it closer to -50dBm at least.

Are the S200B and H100 both updated? What's the signal strength of the H100?

Have you tried to unplug the zigbee dongle? Will it make any change?

More suggestions on Troubleshooting: Smart Action (Automation/Shortcut) Doesn't Take Effect

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo button push no response or excessive delay
2024-07-10 11:54:30

@SuTzu

Hi mate, I was just experiencing this exact issue and have found a solution, suggested in another community thread.

A quick run down of my specific issues.

I have a s200b button, a smart plug p110, and a h100 hub. This basically turns on/off lights plugged into the plug.

I have automation setup that turns the plug on/off when I push the button. The hub is obviously required for the button to function.

My issues were massive delays in button response, or non at all. At times the plug would respond with what seemed like a build up of commands, very quickly turning the plug (lights) on and off.

What I did was, believe it or not, simply replace the button battery with a new high quality cr2032. Yes, as simple as that.

I have now tested and it works as designed. I hope the issue won't repeat.

By the way, both my button and plug report moderate interference. I am unsure if this affected functionality, given that the new battery has resolved the issues. However, I guess there is a chance that the old lower voltage battery (2.85v directly via a multi-meter, i.e. no load) was struggling to send a signal strong enough to counter the interference - purely speculation.

Good luck!

Options
2024-07-11 02:54:06 - last edited 2024-07-11 06:38:35

Bartacus wrote

@SuTzu

Hi mate, I was just experiencing this exact issue and have found a solution, suggested in another community thread.

A quick run down of my specific issues.

I have a s200b button, a smart plug p110, and a h100 hub. This basically turns on/off lights plugged into the plug.

I have automation setup that turns the plug on/off when I push the button. The hub is obviously required for the button to function.

My issues were massive delays in button response, or non at all. At times the plug would respond with what seemed like a build up of commands, very quickly turning the plug (lights) on and off.

What I did was, believe it or not, simply replace the button battery with a new high quality cr2032. Yes, as simple as that.

I have now tested and it works as designed. I hope the issue won't repeat.

By the way, both my button and plug report moderate interference. I am unsure if this affected functionality, given that the new battery has resolved the issues. However, I guess there is a chance that the old lower voltage battery (2.85v directly via a multi-meter, i.e. no load) was struggling to send a signal strong enough to counter the interference - purely speculation.

Good luck!

@Bartacus 

Can I ask if you've noticed if this automation rule of yours has been tagged as local smart (tapo icon)?

Has your S200B ever shown low battery alert in the App? How long have you been using it?

Options
2024-07-12 03:15:14

@Wayne-TP 

"tagged as local smart (tapo icon)" - can you explain what you mean? 

"Has your S200B ever shown low battery alert in the App? How long have you been using it?" - No it hasn't, however, it was just set up and didn't work from the get go. But no, there was no low battery alert.

Options
2024-07-12 08:08:38

@Bartacus 

Do you see a Tapo icon on the automation rule?

Options
2024-07-12 08:55:24

@Wayne-TP 

Yep it does. 

Can you explain what this means?

Options
2024-07-12 09:53:08

@Bartacus 

You may refer to this article to learn more about the Local Smart feature. What is TP-Link Local Smart Action?

Options
2024-07-19 18:42:39
I did the network optimisation thing on the decos and it seems to have shuffled things around and no to be honest I didn't unplug the zigbee dongle. Was just mainly posting it out there that although the app doesn't reckon there's interference (weak) it does bother the button a fair bit. Interesting about the battery thing, haven't tested the battery but maybe the boost in voltage is just enough to get a stronger signal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 8

Related Articles