I have no access to the camera when I am away from the local network

2024-06-29 10:05:45 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:52:07
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Since 2 days ago I can not access the Camera when I am away from the local network. The camera works perfectly when I am at home and connected to the local network. I tried everything. I deleted the camera from the app and re-installed it but the problem persisted. I also downloaded the App again and installed the Camera but it did not help.

I am happy with the Camera and use it since many years now and do not want to change to other brand.

I highly appreciate it you can solve this problem.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I have no access to the camera when I am away from the local network-Solution
2024-07-01 09:50:53 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:52:07

@Omet1940 

Hi,
You can try the following tips for the reported issue.
  1. Ensure your router is working fine and has an internet connection.
  2. If your router has special settings, such as access control, firewall, etc., that may block the camera from connecting to the internet or our cloud server, please remove these settings for a try.
  3. Try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 on the router.
  4. Reset the camera, reconfigure it, and connect it to a different Wi-Fi network if there is one.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:I have no access to the camera when I am away from the local network-Solution
2024-07-01 09:50:53 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:52:07

@Omet1940 

Hi,
You can try the following tips for the reported issue.
  1. Ensure your router is working fine and has an internet connection.
  2. If your router has special settings, such as access control, firewall, etc., that may block the camera from connecting to the internet or our cloud server, please remove these settings for a try.
  3. Try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 on the router.
  4. Reset the camera, reconfigure it, and connect it to a different Wi-Fi network if there is one.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I have no access to the camera when I am away from the local network
2024-07-06 21:35:13

@Omet1940 I am experiencing the exact same issue since two days ago. I have tried everything and no luck. I recall this happened last year when TP Link did some kind of upgrade.Until they fix it I dont think there is much we can do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 2

Related Articles