Wan port fixing for Deco X50/X55 v 1.2

2024-07-15 14:24:49
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version:

Right now I use my deco x55's in rounter mode. The issue with this configuration with an ethernet backhaul:

ISP modem/router ---> Deco #1 ----> network switch ----> end devices / Deco's #2 and #3.

The issue I have is that any time I lose internet connection (which occasionally happens due to where I live) the entire network dies. I have since learned it's an issue that has to do with the WAN port autosensing no longer working when the internet is out and not properly distributing IP's to devices on the network. When my network dies though sections of my nearly completely local smart home stop working as well as i'm unable to access my local media server nor can I access my local security camera system. Wifi devices are completely unable to connect unless they are within range of Deco #1. In another thread I saw that V1 of this product has a firmware update that allows manual setting of the WAN port but nothing for V 1.2 which is what I have. Hopefully someone can help it becomes a serious issue any time the internet is out.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wan port fixing for Deco X50/X55 v 1.2
2024-07-16 06:48:06

@Derrickh 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

May I know who is your internet service provider? Can I have the modem number of the "ISP modem/router"here?

And I have escalated your case to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Please check the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-24 00:04:48

@David-TP 

I also have this exact issue and contacted support asking when the next firmware update will include this fix: Supported LAN-WAN port fixed feature.

I provided the links: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x55/v1.26/#Firmware

which show it's available for V1 and V1.6 but not for V1.26 and the technician had no clue.

He said there is no dev beta to be tried and he would notify the senior engineers. He couldn't promise a call back or any further contact/info regarding the matter. 
Is this considered normal support? I can only hazard a guess that he was a new tech with no experience?
In any case, I read somewhere online that maybe the x20 or x50 have this configuration by default but the tech couldn't provide any answers to which products did. I would hope I wouldn't have to buy another model on top of the four x55s I already have.

Hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Options
2024-07-24 06:12:43

@gocavman 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

So far, only the latest official firmware of Deco X50/X55_V1 has added the option to fix the WAN port via the Deco APP.

For V1.2/1.2.6, the official firmware hasn't been ready yet.

Please refer to the private message for a temporary workaround.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 3

Related Articles