Deco keeps restarting

Deco keeps restarting
Deco keeps restarting
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V1.61 latest

Hello, 

Ive two deco M4 AC1200 (4 in total but two of those units are used for a totally seperate network and the other two for my gaming/work setup) units and up until a week back both of the worked perfectly fine, as of writing this the issue still hasn't been resolved and it's been almost one and a half weeks of constantly going back and forth.

My main deco units works perfectly in AP mode but my satellite deco randomly stopped working and after many factory resets and firmware upgrades I finally got internet access though my LED isn't on the usual white light.

so far I've encountered green solid led (on startup) followed by solid blue (only time I get internet connectivity) and then black/no led and after a few minutes it restarts itself and loop continues again.

this issue has been going on for almost one and a half week so any help would be greatly appreciated!

----Extra information----

I am running a separate network on one single internet connection since combining all the nodes slows down my internet speed and causes clutter. This setup of having two different networks worked fine for a very long time and I was getting close to if not around the same download and upload speed as my internet package ( compared to combining all the notes which severely affected my speed) and until last week it was perfectly fine and normal but now this whole looping issue cropped up.

The main deco I'm using for my gaming setup is connected via Ethernet cable - another main deco that supplies internet to the other aforementioned network - and via WiFi to the secondary deco - the one with the looping issue -

NOTE: that I do not get WiFi connectivity on my main deco in ROUTER MODE for some reason this setup worked perfectly fine but randomly stopped working one day and ever since I've switched to AP mode and it worked fine till this issue sprang up.

(and yes I am unable to use router mode since there is no connectivity at all and the main deco turns red.)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco keeps restarting
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@ehrae 

Hi, May I know how long have you had the Deco M4 units?

Is your current network layout like:

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

-Please refer to this link to replace the location of satellite M4 with its main Deco to see whether the rebooting issue follows the same Deco or stays with the same location:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP yes, that is the correct layout and I've had the deco for about a year/one and a half years at this point and coming to the location it wasn't an issue before since it would still connect to the gaming network node easily however as of recent, it's barely even grabbing the signal/frequency of the main node (gaming network) I tried setting it up in the same floor right in front of the router and the LED was white but after I turned it off and relocated back to the other floor it stayed connected for a few seconds and then started blinking red, however this stopped being an issue ever since the black/no led looping issue happened as I can see it's receiving the signal from the main node. 
if It would help, last week when trying to setup a minecraft server I reset my gaming network nodes and connected them directly to the original network (mesh #1 in diagram) and I noticed my downalod and upload speeds were heavily affected so I reset them and tried to create a new mesh network which up until yesterday didn't work but somehow magically did.

I've been observing the deco from yesterday but I can't accurately say if the looping issue has stopped or not. If anything the timing before it restarts has definitely increased but the LED still remains solid blue and I get internet connectivity(been monitoring reboot/internet status from the app still have yet to connect my pc to it) 

im not sure if power cycling the deco would get it stuck in the loop since the last time it happened (day before yesterday) I power cycled it and the looping issue was present but yesterday I tried it again without the power cycle and it hasn't looped once (can't accurately say since I've been monitoring it on the app and not irl) but yeah

it did appear to be offline once today but I guess that was an issue with the app as I refreshed and it came back and was shown as online

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

okay so update something happened and it fixed it self BUT slow internet speeds. 
I can't even do a proper speed test it's 50/50, it either goes red and as soon as I unplug the Ethernet cable that goes into my pc it tunrs back to white.

I suspect a hardware issue/or something to do with old network environment still being registered.

Options