Virgin Media Not allowing Full Speed with Deco m9Plus

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.4

Virgin Media suggesting that using a third party router (Deco M9plus) will only be bale to access slower speeds and insisting I use Virgin Media Boosters (Which do not have ethernet Connectability on them and can only have maximum of 3. I said its never been an issue before and she said it was a software change in the hub. 

I have always had the Deco M9 or M4 series connected to a Virgin Media hub and working perfectly well giving me close to my broadband ceiling limit of 250 MBPS however the last few months has been very much slower Wi-Fi speeds through my deco ranging 25 MVPS to 80 MBPS.

Spoke to Virgin today who tested everything and said having the hub three in modem mojd using a third-party Wi-Fi mesh system will result in much lower speeds than if I use their own mesh boosters which they can supply three but do not have ethernet connectability which I definitely need.

When I connect directly to the Virgin hub 3 via Wi-Fi, I get 240 to 270 Mbps but when I connect the TP link deco M9 plus in Rita mode or max access point mode I am getting the above speeds maxing at ATM PPS if I'm lucky.

I have swapped out the main deco which didn't seem to make any major difference other than perhaps a 10 MBPS difference which could be time of day issue.

Ethernet connection direct to my M9Plus which is ethernet connected to teh Virgin Media Hub3 is giving 260mbps so i am a bit baffled as to why this is happening or why Virgin media are telling me to get rid of the TPLink Devices and only use their own Mesh Boosters with no ethernet compatability. I need to reach a garden room 50 ft away via a ethernet cable Deco to Deco. 

It was all working perfectly well until a few months ago. 

Appreciate anyones suggestions and experiences on sorting this. 

I have 4 deco units in the property and that covers everywhere pretty much perfectly. 

Thanks

P

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin Media Not allowing Full Speed with Deco m9Plus
2 weeks ago

@Prabs 

Hi

It's advised to head to the Deco app > More > QoS to remove all priority devices.

After connecting to the main Deco's 5G Wi-Fi (Deco app > More > Wi-Fi settings > Advanced settings > Choose 5G only), it's recommended to test the speed and check the wireless link speed on it. You can check the link speed by visiting the following link: How to check link speed

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 68

Replies: 1

Related Articles