Tapo C200 only 2 minutes for live viewing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 only 2 minutes for live viewing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 only 2 minutes for live viewing
2021-10-07 10:29:33

@Brook my 2 tapo IP cam c200/c210 freezes in live stream and playback remotely and I have a good internet connection, ibeen using them for 7 months w/no problem, but this last three weeks they been freezing when i watch live stream and playback remotely, tapo firmware and tapo app are both updated

Options
2021-10-13 18:19:23

@Solla-topee 

This doesn't help if you are just using one home WiFi network and should be a basic function. The Chinese camera guys can do it so why not you? I have both types on my WiFi network & have continuous view on theirs. 

One issue I have seen with another product (not cctv) was that the slave (camera in this case) was single band 2.4GHz, but the phone/tablet was dual band 2.4 & 5 GHz. The system only worked if the 5GHz band was turned off at the router (phones don't seem to have that option anymore). This was not ideal and slowed the phone download speed for other data. This was notified to the manufacturer who sent a s/w update to fix the issue. Could this be the issue here? Not currently got time to test it out at the mo, but will later. 

Options
2021-10-13 18:36:26
Thanks for the reply. I returned the camera because of this. You should change your system to send the video feed via LAN instead so you don't have to "waste" your bandwidth and let us also have a much shorter lag on the video we see on Google Nest Hubs and Chromecast. If their own cameras can do it, so should yours. 😟 Please keep in mind those are security cameras, not entertainment devices. We must have a responsive product and we should even be able to have your cameras live feeds automatically sent to all our Google Displays and Chromecast devices simultaneously if we choose to, that way when a potential invader is detected we should have their image available to us right away. But it's ok, if you feel that's not an important feature, I guess I have to use another device that works this better or get something cheaper if it's going to be lousy anyways (sorry for being honest).
Options
2021-10-14 01:52:56

@age1985  Hello,  I replied on a more related thread for camera live feed lag problem, please go for a check from here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/259756?replyId=1006374

Options
2021-10-14 02:16:38

@SimArchitect As I far I could tell currently the notification works for IOS and Android device installed Tapo app, I'm not sure if that viable on a Google hub or Chromecast TV, thank you for your suggestion, I will record them first for further evaluation. 

Options
2021-10-14 02:24:52

@SimArchitect @Buzz_P Really appreciate for your feedback I will record your feedback for our team's further evaluation. 

For continuous streaming remotely, you may consider some work around like RTSP streaming ( requires opening port for camera to stream remotely ) or stream camera on an Android Emulator.

Options
2021-10-14 02:28:16 - last edited 2021-10-14 02:28:51

Hey @Buzz_P  would you mind start a new thread  from here for the 'The system only worked if the 5GHz band was turned off at the router'

It is possible that the 5Ghz band confuses the camera or camera tries connect to that 5Ghz WiFi, we would need some details like the model of router, the LED status or error message, model of camera to look into the issue further. Thank you

Options
2021-10-14 06:19:37

@Solla-topee Thanks! I'll look into it then! 

Options
2021-10-28 18:38:02
iam still finding solutions too
Options
2021-11-03 20:43:57 - last edited 2021-11-04 12:41:13

This is just wrong behaviour.

I have several Tapo 210 cameras all on a TP-Link DEco M5 mesh and I get 5 minute timeout. This is using the Tapo App on a Samsung Galaxy.

All cameras and Phones are connected to the same 2.4 Ghz mesh network, but different M5 access points

Surely a company like TP-Link can have a user option to set a timeout or disable it?

I would buy more cameras (as would colleagues) but not with this timeout issue.

How can you call these security cameras when a live stream is stopped after 5 minutes?

Please fix!

Options
Related Articles