Unable to record on Tapo C200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 03:02:27 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:39:17
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi,

The recording function of my Tapo C200 camera is not working even though i have a sd card inserted.  The recording function is working fine when i first bought it and after formating my SD card using Tapo app.  It just stopped recording since Jul 03, 2020.  Do not know what went wrong.

MicroSD Card status shows 'Good'.  I have enabled 'Loop recording'.

MicroSD recording is 'enabled'

Recording Schedule is set at 'Continuous Recording'

I have tried the below several times, but it is still not working.

Reboot the camera. (in the app)

Take out and reinsert the SD card again.

Pressing the reset button next to the SD card slot on the camera.

Reformat the SD card, but got message saying 'Failed.  Please try again later'.  After this step, the SD card status will show 'unformatted'.  The camera will say 'There is a problem with your SD Card'.  I switch the camera off and on again,  the SD card status shows as 'Good'.  I have checked the playback function, the old recordings are still there.

I am using Scandisk micro SD card 14GB.

Please help and let me know what can be done.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to record on Tapo C200 camera-Solution
2020-08-04 03:38:36 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:39:17

@lim_linda 

Hello, sorry about that. We will need to confirm some details and try to help you out.

The Tapo camera supports a microSD card with up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted in FAT32. If the camera cannot format the card or the recording is not working properly, please try with below troubleshooting steps and see if it will help:
1. Insert the SD card into the camera SD card slot and run the Tapo app to see if you could see a notice that tells you to format/initialize the card first. If yes, please click on Format/Initialize then check again. Before this, please backup the recordings if necessary;
2. If the SD card status is good, it should be working properly on the camera, please ensure the camera firmware is up-to-date and the Tapo app is the latest on your phone;
3. Ensure again the recording schedule settings have been configured correctly as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

Additionally, please try to verify if the SD card is good or not with third-party software like DiskGenius, you may put it into a phone or into a computer (with a card reader) and run DiskGenius to check if the card is good or not, below are some tips for reference:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

Thanks for your patience, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Unable to record on Tapo C200 camera-Solution
2020-08-04 03:38:36 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:39:17

@lim_linda 

Hello, sorry about that. We will need to confirm some details and try to help you out.

The Tapo camera supports a microSD card with up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted in FAT32. If the camera cannot format the card or the recording is not working properly, please try with below troubleshooting steps and see if it will help:
1. Insert the SD card into the camera SD card slot and run the Tapo app to see if you could see a notice that tells you to format/initialize the card first. If yes, please click on Format/Initialize then check again. Before this, please backup the recordings if necessary;
2. If the SD card status is good, it should be working properly on the camera, please ensure the camera firmware is up-to-date and the Tapo app is the latest on your phone;
3. Ensure again the recording schedule settings have been configured correctly as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

Additionally, please try to verify if the SD card is good or not with third-party software like DiskGenius, you may put it into a phone or into a computer (with a card reader) and run DiskGenius to check if the card is good or not, below are some tips for reference:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

Thanks for your patience, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to record on Tapo C200 camera
2020-08-04 21:46:38

@lim_linda  I have had exactly the same problem the last few days since the update took place. Did you manage to fix yours or did you have to replace the sd card?

Options
2020-12-21 03:17:52

@lim_linda Yes, I got this problem also, 

My camera had recorded all motions moment for 3 days, then it stopped recording the whole month after that.

My SD card is in good status. I formated/initialized my SD card by Tapo app so I think the FAT32 format is ensured.

I'm sure I didn't modify the recording schedule.

And everybody here seems to have the exact problem.

TPLink should check it asap, reproduce it for days, and check it. Don't blame users when many users have the same problems.

Options
2020-12-21 16:46:35
same problem here can't help sorry
confused as always.
Options
2020-12-22 07:38:32

@SidB @Neo_Matrix 

Hi, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box later.

And if anyone had the same issue later, please send an email to the support team support@tp-link.com  subject#Forum ID 217470Unable to record on Tapo C200 camera with the following answer:

1) The brand & model of the SD card, as well as its storage capacity and format type. -----A picture of the card would be great;

2) What is the error message showing on the SD card page when you found that it stopped recording?

3) User’s TP-Link ID or cloud account;

4) The model number of the camera and its MAC address;

5) Did you use 24 hours- continuous recording or set up a recording schedule?

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-22 09:48:21

@lmy camera has never worked with a brand new sd card but still ansd card seems pointleess if Icannot access c;loud recordings after the camera is stolen

confused as always.
Options
2020-12-22 09:49:23 - last edited 2020-12-22 09:52:08

Ihave verified the sd card and no success

confused as always.
Options
2020-12-22 11:11:14

@TP-Link 

To date I still have not resolve this issue.  I have deleted all previous recordings from the sd card separately using my mobile phone. It doesn't help.

I am prompt to initialize the sd card when I login into the tapo app. It stopped at 90% and the camera says 'there's a problem with your sd card'.

I have attached the pix of the sd card I am using.

Options
2020-12-23 01:36:25

@lim_linda 

Hi, we would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-14 06:14:42

@TP-Link 

Any update on this issue? I bought 2 pcs of tapo c200 yesterday and noticed that both units are not auto recording (continous recording and motion detection both not working). I think tplink must release an updated firmware to fix this issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 17294

Replies: 18

Related Articles