Tapo c200 cannot join cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-25 15:26:37
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi guys, I've just recently encountered a problem with tapo c200. I've just recently purchased a new device of it and it was version 2.0 and strangely it could not be connected to the cloud while the hardware version 1.0 works perfectly. Have anyone came across similar issue? Feel free to share your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo c200 cannot join cloud
2021-06-29 03:25:04 - last edited 2021-06-29 03:25:26

@Eugene97 Hello,

May I know how did you find out camera failedd to connect to cloud,  you could try some suggestion here: 

• Turn off or lower Modem/ router Firewall settings that may block camera
  •  Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  • change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Reboot camera
  • Confirm Tapo app version is up to date 

If the same problem may I know the model of your router and your network topology?May I know the model of your phone and its IOS or Andriod version?  Please help collect the log of camera and share with us ,thanks~ 

How to get the logs of Tapo camera: 
Step 1: Insert an SD card into the camera.

Step 2: On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.
Step 3: Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.
Step 4: Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us. The name of the file is ‘Diagnose Log’.

Options
2021-06-29 05:53:25

@Eugene97 

Look, i got 10 camera and when i go to cloud i can only choose 7 device of camera, 

the others 3 camera hardware version are 2.0 

and the 7 camera hardward version are 1.0

Options
2021-07-01 09:08:08

@Eugene97  Hello, 

Can you confirm if 10 cameras show up on Tapo app-> My Devices after you tried the above suggestions, thank you. 

Options
2021-07-21 07:00:43

@Solla-topee Hi, did you manage to resolve the issue? I've got the same problem. I've subscribed to 3 cams in the cloud, two Tapo C200 v1 work seamlessly, but the third one, a C200 v2, can not be added. In plain words, the Tapo Care plan indicates "Billed per camera. Support up to 3 cameras", however, when I click "Manage my plan" and then "My camera - Select the camera you want to enroll in this plan" only the two v1 are available. 

I tried removing all cams and adding them again, rebooting, etc. Basically all the stuff you recommended. Also, no router settings can be blamed as one of the functioning cameras is on the same wifi as the one I can't add.   

David

Options
2021-07-22 11:02:18

@Schaffi Hello, 

It seems that your concern is more with Tapo Care not cloud service. Currently only Tapo C200 V1 supports Tapo Care, Tapo C200 V2 does support yet and sorry to tell you that ETA for V2 firmware is not yet determined. You could check the Supported Models here : https://www.tp-link.com/tapocare/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1298

Replies: 5