DOES C200 NEED A SEPERATE PHONE TO CONNECT TO WIFI ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-01 07:29:02 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:44:27
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have connected my Tapo C200 with my wifi through my phone. Now when I want to see the live stream from office, the camera is getting detached from wifi since the phone is with me in office and is connected to mobile internet. how do i configurre this issue ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:DOES C200 NEED A SEPERATE PHONE TO CONNECT TO WIFI ?
2021-08-02 02:47:05 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:44:27

@Goyal Hello, 

Tapo camera could be controlled remotely after being set up and does not require a phone to connect to Wi-Fi.

If camera works fine when phone connected to home wifi, but  becomes detached/ offline  when phone is using outside wifi or mobile data, you could try some suggestions  here: 

• Turn off or lower Modem/ router Firewall settings
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  • Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Reboot camera 
  • Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders

If the same problem, may I know the model of your router and your network topology? Please help collect the log of camera and share with us ,thanks~ 

How to get the logs:
Step 1: Insert an SD card into the camera.

Step 2: On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.
Step 3: Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.
Step 4: Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us. The name of the file is ‘Diagnose Log’.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 1