3 ISSUES WITH TAPO TP C200 APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 11:37:32
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

ANYONE SHOW SOLUTION PLS:

1. how to delete the particular time frame from the recorded data? Ex: I don't want the recording done between 3pm to 4pm today. Can I delete only from the memory card without disturbing the remaining data?

2. I want to permanently save my recording in the memory card itself, that is done between 3pm to 3:30 pm. It should not be overwritten/erased by the camera when memory is getting full.

3. In night vision mode, 4 red lights are on. How to switch these off to prevent others from stealing my camera at night?

reply pls.

Options
2 Reply
Re:3 ISSUES WITH TAPO TP C200 APP
2021-08-13 01:48:59

@DJ_TP-Tapo Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback on Tapo cameras.

Playback shows the recordings saved in the SD card and could not be deleted directly through APP, only Memory recordings which are manually recorded could be deleted through APP.  And I'm afraid permanently saving  the SD recording could not be done on the phone as well, and we will need insert SD card in to computer to back up the files or manually record the clip and save it in your phone. Thank you for suggestions, we would record them for further evaluation. 

Beside the IR Led is the source the infrared light, turning off IR led means to cut off its source and night mode could not work anymore. 

Here are some QAs regarding tapo camera and some could help with your questions: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2742/
Q2.4 Can I choose where to store the recordings of my Tapo C200 camera?
Q6.16 Can I turn off the IR LED of my Tapo camera in Night Mode? (
 )

Options
Re:3 ISSUES WITH TAPO TP C200 APP
2021-08-18 12:11:10

@Solla-topee 

Pls once study the Mi camera app facilities that were provided to customers. I think these are just basic features and you also can do the app update.

1. With  mi camera app, You can delete the desired time period that we don't want to retain on card, without formatting the entire card.

2. With mi app, you have "save" option to save desired time period on the card. This prevents the camera to skip that particular recorded data from being overwritten when card is getting full.

In Tapo app, this is a two step process. From playback, we have to click the record video button to record the desired time period. Then it is saved/can be downloaded to our phone memory.

2. Mi camera also works on IR mode at night; but there won't be any IR indicator lights switched on continuously.

This helps camera invisible to others at night.

So, request to update the app to simplify & add few more features.

Then, we fall in love with your appliances.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1539

Replies: 2

Related Articles