C200 motion detection issue while switching from night to day mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 21:19:54
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hello, noticed, that camera does not detect motion while triggered to automaticly switch from night to day mode. There is no motion detection for significant period of time, 20s or so.

I have my camera in dark room and I usually switch on light before entering. So camera changes from night do day mode automaticly but at the same time it does not detect me entering the room. Recording starts significantly later, but if I manage to switch off the light and leave this room in 10-20s, there is no motion detection at all. I even tested the situation, if I switch on and off the light periodicaly, just few second after I hear click sound from camera that it changed day/night mode, I can spend significant time in front of camera without triggering motion detection

Options
4 Reply
Re:C200 motion detection issue while switching from night to day mode
2021-08-31 14:12:26 - last edited 2021-08-31 14:14:51

@Bo.Bo Sometime, I opened a topic where it asked that the minutes after motion detection can be addes manually and not just 60 seconds aftet detection and 6 seconds before detection. Being able to edit those 6 seconds before would solve the problem. The camera needs and takes and extra 5 seconds, when changing from day to night (night to day) mode before starting to record.

Options
2021-08-31 14:31:18

Example: When changing modes, the camera need 5 seconds before you regain your vision. If the movement happens in 8 seconds, 5 seconds are lost plus the 6 seconds before detection, adding, then it would detect the movement in second 11. But the movement ends in second 8 for this reason it does not detect it.

Options
2021-09-15 06:48:57

The thing is, if I manage to switch on and off light in dark room, camera is blind to motion detection. I do not consider it as normal and for my case this is real situation. I enter a dark room and switch on the light, take my bottle of beer and I leave switching off the light. There is no record on my camera.

From the other hand, If I trigger recording prior to switching light on and off, there are no missing parts in recording, camera records continuously even while switching between day/night mode.

Options
2021-09-17 06:45:14

Good day @Bo.Bo , 

As far as I know when camera switch between Day/ Night mode, the motion detection function will be inhibited.

To check if it is the normal behavior in your case, can you help record a video using Tapo APP and share the video clip of entering rorom->and steping out of the room? (you may use Google Drive and share to us via private message)

Make sure have enabled Motion Detection and set up a proper Activity zone & record schedule as well, it is suggested to share the motion detection settings here as well. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 802

Replies: 4