KL130 bulb dims when bulb switches on if already on at 100%

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-19 14:52:56
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hi,

I have identified a quirk of the KL130 smart bulb as described below -

* the bulb is scheduled to power on at sunset to 100% luminescence. 

* if the bulb is powered off at the scheduled time everything works fine.

* if I have powered the bulb on before the scheduled time at 100%, then when the scheduled time occurs the bulb changes to 50% luminescence. 

So as I say a quirk whereby the scheduled setting causes issues when the bulb is already powered on. I would expect the bulb to ignore the On command from the schedule if it is already powered on.

Any solutions to this one, or is this a previously unreported issue.

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:KL130 bulb dims when bulb switches on if already on at 100%
2021-12-30 14:17:15 - last edited 2021-12-30 14:18:38

Hello @Chazator 

Sorry for the late reply. 

For ' * if I have powered the bulb on before the scheduled time at 100%, then when the scheduled time occurs the bulb changes to 50% luminescence. ' 

1. May I know what is the ON Brightness  before the scheduled time at 100%, is this reproducible every time you turn on a bulb before a schedule time. 

Does the APP show  50% brightness  or 100%

2. Please delete other Schedule rules, and  only leave the Schedule with 100% rule and see if that make any difference. 

Also delete Smart action related settings to isolate issue

When did you purchase the bulb, does it always has this behavior on Schedule at 100% 

May I have a photo of the schedule settings. What is the MAC address of bulb, you could share by private message, thank you. 

Options
2021-12-31 09:02:24

@Solla-topee hi, thanks for your reply. It will take a few days to get the answers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers.

Options
2021-12-31 09:53:06

@Solla-topee hi. I've carried out some further tests and think i have identified the issue to be the Fade Rate setting. This appears to have a setting of 'Instant' up to '60 minutes', but doesn't have a 'Disabled setting. So after the scheduled 'on time' it fades the light to 1%, my earlier suggestion of 50% was wrong. The fade rate does not seem to have a setting for what level of fade it goes to, so appears to always use 1%.

This fade only appears to happen if the light is already switched on, as mentioned in my original msg.

The light was purchased from Amazon on 29th September 2021.

Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 3

Related Articles