How do I format my micro SD card on the Tapo app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-03 21:06:17
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just purchased the tapo c100. It is asking me to format the sd card on the tapo app. I only have the tapo app on my phone and I have no idea how to format an SD card on my phone. I have a macbook and when I search for the tapo app for my laptop, there is not one available in the UK. I have tried formatting via my pc but it keeps telling me that the sd card is not formatted. Any ideas gratefully received

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I format my micro SD card on the Tapo app
2022-01-04 00:49:47

Hello@Aliwilly 

After you insert the SD card, Tapo APP will try to recongize the SD card and format it through Tapo APP directly. 

Please try this guide to troubleshoot SD card issue feel free to let us know if it works for you: 
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

If you have some trouble formatting SD card in the Tapo APP , can I have a photo of the Error. 
Please let us know the Brand & capacity of SD card,  better to attach a photo of SD card as well,  Thank you
1. Try a SD card with 8GB to 128GB capacity  (* capacity less than 2 GB is not supported):
Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3048/
2. Verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us
NOTE: back up important files before run the test
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8604

Replies: 1

Related Articles