Tapo C200 changing IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 changing IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C200 changing IP
Tapo C200 changing IP
2022-01-13 09:46:01
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased a Tapo C200 and when in live viewing frequently asks me to click to update the screen. The thing is, I use this cam mainly during the night in my baby’s bedroom for me to see or listen any movements or crying. With this constant freezing of the screen, I can’t sleep because it will stay off until I click to update.

I read a lot in this forum and seems that this happens due to the fact the ip changes. I also tried the solution of using the VLC but of course, also stops, since the address provided changes.

Isn’t it in your plans to consider including the option of a static IP? Or, I don’t know if it is possible, the app to automatically update without needing human intervention? Otherwise, this cam is completely useless to me.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 changing IP
2022-01-14 01:19:34 - last edited 2022-01-14 01:22:43

Hello @NelsonM 

For ' frequently asks me to click to update the screen.' may I have  a photo of screen, and how frequent it happens? May I know the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version?

• Turn off VPN, and connect phone to your Home Wi-Fi network and see if you get the pop-up 
  • Please confirm APP version and device firmware are both up  to date 

• If you watch Live view locally when the phone connects to Home Wi-Fi  network, you should be able to stream continuously.
  • But if you stream Live view remotely when the phone is on LTE mobile data or non- local Wi-Fi network, app may ask you if you want to continue every few mins to save the mobile data  like FAQ explained here:  Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?
Options
2022-01-14 09:35:33

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding your questions:

For ' frequently asks me to click to update the screen.' may I have  a photo of screen, and how frequent it happens?

In fact two situations happens. On a regular basis, I didn't count the time, if there is no movement, asks me if I want to continue watching, and from time to time, like one hour or less, asks me to tap the screen to update. I already stop using the camera and uninstalled it, because like I mentioned I need the live viewing to go continuously. However, I can install it again and take photos of the screen. Will provide it to you.

May I know the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version?

Iphone X

Turn off VPN, and connect phone to your Home Wi-Fi network and see if you get the pop-up

It's connected to my home Wi-Fi. I use a wi-fi extender, also tp-link.

Please confirm APP version and device firmware are both up  to date 

It is up to date, since I installed the latest available firmware

Options
2022-01-14 10:17:12

@NelsonM Thank you,
1, Please enable Dignose mode and when  'asks me to tap the screen to update' happen again, get the log of camera: 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

This may occur when there is some unstable on your WiFi, please ensure other device has stable connection when this error occurs. 

2. May I know did  you stream locally(when phone is connected to home Wi-Fi network) or remotely (when phone is connected to outside Wi-Fi network/ mobile data)?

'asks me if I want to continue watching' this will occur when you stream remotely when phone is connected to non- local wifi/ using mobile data 

If  possible, you may share a photo of error on VLC player. 

Options
2022-01-14 10:37:12

@Solla-topee 

Ok, I'll try what you said and will send to you.

Regarding point 2, yes, I streamed always locally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 888

Replies: 4

Related Articles