​​​​​​​Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo

Votes

2022-03-03 09:25:58 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:39:20

>>View whole Tapo Feature Request Board>>

>>View Guidelines of reporting a Feature Request>>

22/10 A major update with tapo plug Energy Monitoring feature is here, you can reset energy data, calculate electric bill now with brand-new monitoring 2.0,  learn more from Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

22/08 

Tapo Camera Smart Action Update : Camera Motion Triggered Automation  & Privacy Mode Shortcut  has been implemented for the Tapo camera  model Tapo C310 first,  refer to thread below for details there are more models that adds this feature, we will update on below thread

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

This thread summarizes the most popular ideas and feedback of Tapo products submitted by the community members. Browse and upvote for your loved features!

Popular Feature Requests 

Features Implemented

[Tapo Cam]  ONVIF PTZ   Tapo C200 ONVIF PTZ
[Tapo Plug]  ON/OFF State After Power Outage Set Default State after Power Failure is Now Available (Tapo P100 V1.2 / P110)
[Tapo Cam]  Camera Logo Display  Tapo C310 video watermark
[Tapo Camera] Privacy Zones Privacy Zones in Tapo Care Service Privacy Mask: how to cover an area?
[APP] IFTTT Integration IFTTT support for Tapo Smart Wi-Fi plug P100
[Tapo Cam] Tapo Camera Smart Action

Tapo Camera Smart Action  Update : Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut

[Tapo Bulb] Tapo L530 V2 Party Mode

How do I “get” party mode?

[Tapo Plug] Reset Energy Monitoring Data

Tapo Plug Monitoring 2.0 Update

Note: 'implemented' & under consideration'  label could mean a feature has been supported on certain model(s)/ hardware version(s) and may not cover whole product line,  click corresponding thread to check detailed status of a feature. 

More Articles

Welcome to Feature Request Board for Tapo

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 : Reset Energy Usage/ Electric Bill and more new features

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Options
9 Reply
Re:​​​​​​​Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo
2022-07-23 06:56:14 - last edited 2022-08-19 06:53:00

@Solla-topee 

Tapo Cam Smart Action  Feature for camera C200 - This is a must to have, I see you have done it for the C310 (which is an outdoor camera), please do it also for the C200 which is the indoor model with pan and tilt.

Otherwhise it is just a normal ip camera :(

Options
2022-12-05 06:42:21

@Solla-topee 

[Tapo Cam] Device Sharing Permissions <--- This requested since 2020. It's been 2 years now but still no progression. Why is it TP Link is not listening to your consumers. The main purpose of the device sharing permissions is for the other family members to have access to certain cameras without compromising our privacy. If we share the Admin login then they will have full access to all cameras and they will not gonna like seeing me without clothes on my bedroom. Do you understand?

Options
2022-12-07 12:36:54 - last edited 2022-12-07 12:37:57

Hi  @Rannuj  

Thank you very much for letting us know how this feature can be helpful to you, this has been discuss internally and under evaluation. 

Make sure to vote or comment for the Tapo camera device sharing here, appreciate your feedback, we will update the status once the support get updated news about this feature. Thank you ! [Tapo Cam]  Device Sharing Permissions   Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

Options
2023-04-29 18:29:51
We would like to have the feature to shut-down the tapo when the load goes under a valide for period of time. Very useful to save Power Consumption of standby devices
Options
2023-07-18 10:35:52

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. Can I please make a couple of suggestions that will make Energy Monitoring even better and more useful:
Export data - Allow us to export the energy data in different ways. Either or/and by plug, hour, day, everything. I want to have all that information in a json/xml/csv file so that I can import it to a spreadsheet or something else and do even more with the data to analyse my energy usage.

Grouping of plugs in the Energy Monitor - This would allow us to have a way of seeing, which room uses the most, or even which area, without having to manually tally up each plug.

Options
2023-07-20 08:51:14

@sighallgone 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback and detailed description, and it is encouraged to Start a New Thread in Tapo>Feature request board so more users who are interested in this feature can comment and vote for it. 
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-15 18:48:25

is this list updated? 

Options
2024-03-18 12:28:56

@ercovi  I see the left side of the feature request page(https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/777) has a label section: Implemented, Under Consideration, Accepted. and tap the label can see the implemented features.

Options
2024-03-18 18:53:32

@Summer_S Hi!

Yes, i see it also. If you check further, you'll see that it totally abandoned. Only people commenting that some feature is a must but no Tapo workers commenting and updating labels!

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3993

Replies: 9

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.