Tapo C310 v1 providing no notifications at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 07:13:21
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12
Hi all, I recently purchased two Tapo C310 cameras and have installed one of them, however, before I install the second I need to get notifications working, (because they don't).

Installation was fine, connection to both WiFi and Tapo app worked perfectly, image clarity is great.
Motion Detection works, I get recordings and the camera alarm (Light) is triggered.

However, I cannot get any notifications at all from the app.

I don't use Tapo Care, never enabled the free trial or have subscribed.

I have followed the steps in "Tapo Camera Notification Issues", Case 1 for the app settings and Case 2 with no result.

I have rebooted/reset the camera multiple times, installed the Tapo app on both a tablet and a phone - no change.

Everything works except notifications.

All I want is it to send a notification on Motion Detection, Line-Crossing, and Camera Tampering.

Tablet is an Alldocube iPlay20 (Android 10), phone is a OPPO A52 (Android 11) - battery optimisation is disabled and the app is allowed to run in the background.

Tapo app v2.4.70, C310 firmware 1.1.12 hardware v1.0

I have a diagnostic log if anyone is interested.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 v1 providing no notifications at all
2022-04-14 06:52:49

@jafea8 

Thank you for let us know you have tried the tips Tapo Camera Notification Issues troubleshooting instruction.

• Please confirm Tapo APP has the Notifications Permission on the Android phone or tablet 

Can you help provide some information below, so we could help look into that further

-  MAC address of camera (please share by private message)

- Log of Tapo camera

-  a photo of the Tapo APP>   Message Box * Envelop icon, did you receive any event message there? 

-  a photo of Playback recordings showing there were motion events at that time

-  a photo of Activity Notification Settings on the APP

-  a photo showing Tapo app has the Notification Permission on your mobile

Thank you

Options
2022-04-14 07:50:00

@Solla-topee Hi, thank you for the reply but unfortunately after the camera had been running for 24 hours the ONVIF output failed, (I was using that via Agent DVR to get notifications in the meantime), and despite several reboots failed to return, (I didn't try a factory reset as it's not something I want to find is necessary just to get it to work if it happens again).

So just today I have returned both cameras, (including an unused one), for refund.  I realise I might have just been unlucky in the very first one I chose to install may have been faulty but unfortunately I need these to work now and don't have the luxury of extended fault diagnosis because I won't be on location.

So thank you again for your reply but unfortunately a little late for me.

Options
2022-04-14 10:45:30

@jafea8  Thank you for your  update here. Sorry the reply was late for you, I hope you could find a suitable camera soon!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 529

Replies: 3