Status LED occasionally flashing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 10:41:28
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My C310 occasionally flashes the LED and since it is mobitoring a dark room and refle tions causes false alarm. I have the status LEF shut off in setrings. Why is it doing this and how can I stopnit. I don't want to cover it since the reflections still will be visible in the camera cover glass and additionally I cannot se the status of the camera when I inspect the premises.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Status LED occasionally flashing
2022-06-20 03:17:49 - last edited 2022-06-20 03:18:32

Hello  @TPC310 

Can you check if it is the System Led (Status Led) or IR Leds on the two sides of cameras are occasionally flashing ON? 

The system Led/ Status Led should be OFF when you toggled Status Led OFF from Camera Setting.  

IR Led will turn on in the dark environment for better night view.  If you got enough light  in the environment, try to turn off IR led by setting up Day Mode (right top of Live view page> Auto/ Day Mode/ Night mode )

If still the same, can you share a photo showing the Status Led is ON? Thank you. 

Options
2022-06-20 06:25:44

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for you answer. The IR is off, i.e set to day mode. The LED is set to off.

That the LED flashes shortly I can see from the  recording, however not so frequently that I have seen it when I have been present. Flashing LED happens 2-10 tumes during a night.

I conclude it is the LED due to that it is a weaker light and red as opposed to when the camera goes IR, it also gives a greyer image.

It seems to me like the camera is rebooting,  but auttomatic restart is set to off. Maybe there is some other fault indication that causes the LED to light up?

I have solved this temporarily by setting detection zones and privacy zones so that the reflections do not cause an alarm. Unfortunately this means I cannot use all detection features and areas 

Options
2022-06-22 03:15:57

Hello @TPC310 

Thank you for the reply, glad to know you find the workaround.  Later you might factory reset the camera, set Status Led OFF and observe the camera behavior. 

If the same things happen, to look into that further,  please help collect the camera log and share the video of the LED flashing if it is convenient for you. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Feel free to let us know for any further observations. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 3