5-min continuous streaming restriction

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 22:48:06
Tags: #Live View #Feature Request #5-min Live Stream Restriction
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

The "5-min without operation" reminder that halts continuous streaming of live video makes the security cameras useless.

The reminder was not there until recent updates.

This restriction defeats the purpose of monitoring cameras.  

Also, it takes away the only reason why people would choose TAPO camera over its competitors

Even Amazon BLINK cameras have implemented an "extended live view" function that allows a non-interrupted live streaming of 90 mins.

Any user shares the same frustration?

Options
3 Reply
Re:5-min continuous streaming restriction
2022-07-14 01:17:18

Hello  @benten 

May I know do you use Android or IOS, did you recently update the APP version? What is the current APP version and what is the old version.

Here are some suggestions for continous streaming.

1. To stream Tapo camera in Tapo APP continuously,  make sure your mobile devices are connected to home Wi-Fi /under local network. 

Please refer to this FAQ for the more details if you can not live stream continuously when device is on a remote network

Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

2. When test continuously streaming, only leave one mobile device stream the camera, not multiple devices. 

3. Turn off VPN on the mobile device

4. Turn off mobile data on the mobile device

If still the same,  please also enable Diagnose Mode for the camera, try to reproduce the problem and help collect the log. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Please share the MAC address of the camera with us via private message. May I know the model of router, and network topology: e.g. ISP  - router model x <wireless>camera;  router <wireless> mobile device,  thank you 

Options
2022-07-14 02:11:26

@Solla-topee Thanks for your reply.  

My TAPO app is v.2.8.21 on iOS (iPad and iPhone)

the previously working version was probably 2 versions earlier. 

Also, no AP isolation or firewall blocking the local network.

Please find below more details and see if you could resolve the issue:

1) the Cameras and my Apple devices are connected to the same WiFi network with "Local Network" checked under the Tapo App iOS setting

2) only 1 device was testing continous streaming 

3) no VPN in operation

4) it s a WiFi only iPad (i.e., no SIM card or mobile data available)

5) "Diagnostic" is now turned on. I will share my MAC address and topology etc. via private message.

Thank you. 

Options
2022-07-15 03:30:54

Hello   @benten 

I have received the information you shared via private message, thank you very much for  help with test. For customer's convenience, I shared another tool to help collect the log.

To better assist with your case we created a support email TKID220715626 to follow up on your case, kindly check your email inbox later. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes~

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1190

Replies: 3

Tags

Live View Feature Request
5-min Live Stream Restriction